ATI Bubble Master

acidjazz

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so sad.. cant be the same gang with you bro jerv. sigh... the hns bro somebody selling needs to be tune? or like ati BM250, plug and play.

Although not appropriate to discuss here... don't think HnS requires too much tuning... I believe it is quite an easy and efficient skimmer to work and play with :) All the best to you bro... unless you decides to build a new sump :evil::evil::evil:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

might want to do up a new sump to cater for it maybe..... :o

Wah... really?!? Can give you ATI BM award already :bow::bow::bow:

Seriously, if you are not happy with your current sump design... then go ahead (decide before 3rd September please)... but if your sump is working superbly... don't you think it's too much a hassle just because of a protein skimmer? ;)

Not discouraging hor... just want to make sure you know you are to make a huge decision :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

haha... it will be a big hussle actually... haha... but really wanted a plug and play good skimmer with low power consumption. bro, can the width of the skimmer be filed.. to abt 23.6 or 23.7cm? if can... that will be good...

haha... it will be a big hussle actually... haha... but really wanted a plug and play good skimmer with low power consumption. bro, can the width of the skimmer be filed.. to abt 23.6 or 23.7cm? if can... that will be good...

why dun u just get something within ur budget?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

From the review, ATI is a good skimmer with a very reasonable price tag, if you can, you should really go for it. The performance looks very good as well, given the thumbs up from so many people here.

Good news bro... if you are so determined to get this ATI BM... you can file it to 23cm!!! From the pix, you can at least file off 5mm on each side. However that can be a lot of work lah... I will be dropping by AM today, do you want me to check with them if they can provide you that extra "customize" service?

post-14-1156915859.jpg

What diameter are the holes in the bubble plate? They appear to be about 1/8 inch.

Thanks,

Mike

Around there :)

what are the holes for bro.?

its the rubber pad.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

what are the holes for bro.?

Haha... there are 2 types of holes leh...

1) Those on the White base plate... as described by bro Acidjazz... for the insertion of rubber studs to further minimize vibration.

2) Those inside the chamber (similar to BK)... those are for bubbles to be pushed through... supposedly in a more organized manne to reduce turbulance (if I am not wrong). Will post a very clear pix to show the organized bubbles... I think bro AJ posted a close up shot before :)

rubber pad to hold the skimmer down...?

Not like suction caps... those rubber studs will primarily reduce vibration (noise) and as a secondary function hold the BM in place. I think it's a very nice feature to have :) Maybe the only slight disadvantage of having these studs is trapped detritus within the tiny gap created by the rubber studs... but shouldn't pose much problem if maintained properly :)

i realise i have difficulty taking out the collection cup for maintenance purpose.

For Deltec, its simple as you only need to twist the collection cup a little.

For beckett, there's all the thumb screws. Some might like it, others might think its slightly troublesome.

As for the ATI BM 250, its super difficult to take out the collection cup from the skimmer body. Its quite bad considering i wash the collection cup twice a week.

Btw i figured out that difference food fed to the fishes does affect the performance of the skimmer.

Here are the scenarios:

Brine/mysis shrimps: normal skimming

Cyclopreeze: skimmer doesnt produce much bubbles

Squid mixed with prawn meat: skimmer overflows

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

i realise i have difficulty taking out the collection cup for maintenance purpose.

For beckett, there's all the thumb screws. Some might like it, others might think its slightly troublesome.

As for the ATI BM 250, its super difficult to take out the collection cup from the skimmer body. Its quite bad considering i wash the collection cup twice a week.

I tried filling up my collection cup with water (it holds 3.5 Litres btw... so it can be super heavy). I tested the following methods of removing the cup:

1) Using one hand - not possible

2) Using both hands - possible but takes a bit of strength especially if you have very limited space within the cabinet

3) Using both hands, twist the collection cup 90º then lift - fairly easy actually considering the 3.5 Litres of water is so damn heavy :lol:

Perhaps you want to try the "twist and lift" trick... if I can lift it... so can you :lol:

post-14-1157006652.jpg

Btw i figured out that difference food fed to the fishes does affect the performance of the skimmer.

Here are the scenarios:

Yes... food will affect protein skimmers... well at least it affects the following skimmers that I have had experience on:

1) AquaMedic Turboflotor w/ PH2500

2) Deltec MCE600

3) Tunze 9005

That's why I try not to feed Henry's mix too often as it affects my protein skimmers the most :lol: As for Cyclopeeze, there are reports from fellow reefers of the same experience too... (I suspect Cyclopeeze contains oil)... it's not proven or whatsoever just my point of view.

wow.. gun powder smell :)

Yeah... gonna smell quite bad... bro Speakerphone, I think bro AJ is just sharing his experiences with us and I am helping him to overcome some minor problems he faces along the way... this is a new product, for sure there will be a lot of questions remained unanswered until more reefers start to get their hands on a piece of the Bubble Master.

Now everybody... take a deep breath :whistle

Here are the scenarios:

Hi,

i've been following the thread since the begining and i find that your review is quite good till now. However i find that you are contradicting yourself with this post.

Earlier you posted

Pros

1) The Collection cup is huge!!! Its seriously big.

2) Easy removal of the eheim pump and collection cup, therefore maintenance would not be a chore.

3) The white acrylic, makes it look like a bubble king.  (ecstatic purpose)

4) SUPER DUPER silent. Zero noise coming from the skimmer.

5) Air Flow Meter

But now you are slamming the skimmer design!

I've personally saw and touched the skimmer at AM, i must say removing the collection cup is a breeze when compared to the skimmers you mentioned.

Rod

Edited by MODERATOR#1

Hi,

i've been following the thread since the begining and i find that your review is quite good till now. However i find that you are contradicting yourself with this post.

Earlier you posted

But now you are slamming the skimmer design!

I've personally saw and touched the skimmer at AM, i must say removing the collection cup is a breeze when compared to the skimmers you mentioned.

If wat speakerphone says is true, i really doubt your integrity and the motive for slamming the BM is low. :sick:

Disappointed :shock:

Rod

That was before i put the skimmer into the sump and tried to lift up the collection cup.

Anyway each to his own. I am here to share my findings. When u own a BM, tell me about your experience.

If u expect me to just post the positive side of the ATI BM, i am sorry i can't do that.

A review is suppose to consist of both the +ve and -ve aspects.

I think the review has been pretty fair. If not, start from page one again.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

edited to stay focus on the product review

Edited by MODERATOR#1

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Come on guys... chill... dun wan this product review to be "edited" :unsure: I have barely started ;)