My minireef!

minireef

• SRC Member
Oh you left out Calcium Reactor, Kalkwasser Reactor, Fluidized Reactor, Denitrator and so on... :evil:

And not forgetting FIJI Live Rock from Coral Farm that costs $16.00 per kilogram :shock::shock::shock:

Oh ya, that day I saw 1 big LR weight at least 20kg at coral farm.

I was so tempted to buy it. There were natuarl big holes for the fishes to swim through. And that piece can take care of half the tank rockscape.

you think is it a good idea to buy it?:upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown:

My Reefing Mission:-

To manage the waters and lights with efficient resources, disciplined husbandry and prograsive knowledge.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ya, that day I saw 1 big LR weight at least 20kg at coral farm.

I was so tempted to buy it. There were natuarl big holes for the fishes to swim through. And that piece can take care of half the tank rockscape.

you think is it a good idea to buy it?:upsidedown:  :upsidedown:  :upsidedown:

Personally yes! If money is not an issue... nothing beats the best LR!!! Fiji is well-known for various benefits... they are lightweight, coarse (less heavy), provides better housing for bacteria growth (esp. anaerobic), less unwanted pests and most importantly much lower chances of leeching PO4 (coz the water over there is damn crystal clear and lower in nutrients to start with).

I am good at selling rocks also :lol: Come to think of it... it's quite a justified investment... this is something that will stay with your system for as long as it runs and it has a much higher second hand value :lol:

Say they give you a bit of discount (I think they are still giving 20% discount right?) $14.00/kg... a half-a-tank rock is only $280... now if a market trader can't afford that... who else can? :lol: Go for it bro!!!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

i think it all depends on how u want the rock scape to be in your tank.. if u want alot of hang overs and stuff.. that piece of rock may not allow your to create such a feature ( assuming that the rock is round) it will be tougher compared to using smaller pieces.

well i think it all depends on individual's prefrence :)

You go for it first lar, than I will follow :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

I can't... I am running "dry" already... but seriously... I got a feeling I will regret for not getting the FIJI rock in the first place... I'm quite sure about that :huh: But no choice lah... better to settle for the second best... than to pay 24% per annum credit card interest :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

yes..u will regret it..FIJI is lighter than those indon rocks...so when doing aquascaping...u find them easier to handle.. btw Jervis ...will the extra few kg of the INDO rocks cause the floor to give way???? maybe FIJI safer rite.. ..jking..

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Not too sure, should I change my present 3ft black galaxy to 2x250MH or to ATI.

But have you "fire" it up? If not, then you may wanna consider selling it at the Pasar Malam as brand new set or return it to the LFS in exchange for something that suits your current setup. IF you have already "fired" it... then no harm put it on and see how's the effect... Black Galaxy is a nice looking fixture :)

Just a reminder... although T5 comes with lots of benefits and able to solve some of MH's major weaknesses... you WILL NOT get any shimmering effect... the tank will look "still" like a picture (or a plasma screen).

I miss the shimmering effect (as I started with MH) but the same effect made me dizzy if I stare at it for too long and my camera takes lousy shots under MH, the shimmering effect affects the auto-focus and the auto exposure functions.

You may want to consider changing the German Plug to a 3-pin. As the total power is almost 400W, it's safer to have grounding... if you are not a DIY master, get help lah... but don't look at me hor... I'm a DIY dummy... upfront :P

• SRC Member

if i am not mistakened this particular wiring is not possible to juz change out the pin to a 3 pin plug. cos there is no third wire within the thick black wire. all 2 pin plugs which i have dismantled are all 2 core wires only.

Is there a way we can "earth" it? Like bring it to a certified electrician? Coz I am beginning to get a bit concerned... just a bit :lol:

muhaha dunno leh ... but even if they can i think will cost a bomb ?

Emm... forget it then... but once a fixture/equipment reaches certain wattage (say 500W), it's good to look at the safety aspect of it. That's just my opinion btw... well... on the other hand... if the German can use it... I don't see why we can't :lol:

• SRC Member

Got a slight shock from my ATI powermodule that is using the 2 pin german plugs. Had to DIY a grounding cable to it. Basically just connect it to the casing of the powermodule and ground it to our normal 3 pin plug. No more shocks. :P Just that might be a little unslightly with the extra wire.

Got a slight shock from my ATI powermodule that is using the 2 pin german plugs. Had to DIY a grounding cable to it. Basically just connect it to the casing of the powermodule and ground it to our normal 3 pin plug. No more shocks. :P Just that might be a little unslightly with the extra wire.

Oh dear... I moved my ATI Powermodul up and down almost everyday... no shock leh... must learn from you how to do the grounding already :)