SOHO reef

yvoneysl

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of a spare/backup chiller :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Saw ur video... got a feeling u gotten a Hydor Flo or something :nc:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
R u planning to run the eheim externally to cut down on some heat?

Why dun u consider getting a bigger pump to combine 2 of the 1262 & 1264? There are a few choices and can save some space & electric bills too.

I'll run the chiller return to the main tank for better efficiency. The Tee for FR can come from other pump too.

Cheers

JC 

Thanks bro for your input, very well plan indeed with just one horse running :lol:

Chiller is 7ft off ground & main tank is 10ft away from sump... one horse will kaput very soon :lol:

All return pumps are external

For start only 2 pumps will be install;

1262- sump > main chiller > sump (with T-off to FR)

1264- sump > main tank

Will only install the 3rd pump together with a backup chiller when I go into SPS much later.

Might just install the backup chiller stright to 1264 (will T-off) if I don't need extra flow in the main tank.

1264- sump > main tank (with T-off to backup chiller > main tank)

Main chiller is control by a external fox controller with the temp probe locate in the sump.

I perfer chilled water from chiller to total mix up in the refugium first, so that main tank has a more stable tempature. :ph34r:

10ft is quite a distance. 1262/4 will have suffered quite a fair bit of flow at such distance. U might wan to consider using a pressure rated pump.

A very good point brought up... 10ft is a long distance :idea:

• SRC Member
10ft is quite a distance. 1262/4 will have suffered quite a fair bit of flow at such distance. U might wan to consider using a pressure rated pump.

I know 10ft is quite a distance :cry2: already bought the pumps :cry2::cry2: no turning back

must dry test one of these day using my DIY piping to have a peace of mind ;)

thanks for the input bro :lol:

A very good point brought up... 10ft is a long distance 

Can T-loan your red-dragon to dry test :lol::lol::lol:

Can T-loan your red-dragon to dry test :lol::lol::lol:

Red Dragon is not particularly the right type of pump for such distance... you need pressurized pumps :shock:

Clever boy... my cheap waver maker to replace seio 820 :rolleyes:

They don't call me Gadget Man for nothing :lol::lol::lol: How do you like it so far?

Yes... the refugium is very very stunning... and you have very tall dog :lol:

• SRC Member
Nice... Clams in the refugium... I think this looks nicer than my main tank.

Thanks bro... clams adopted from hammy :lol: very soon your tank will shine

Yes... the refugium is very very stunning... and you have very tall dog 

Thanks bro... jumping dog view la :lol:

• SRC Member
ur refugium already so stunning  Wat more to expect for a tank when It is up and running  Ken, See when free again, we all meet up for coffee but u run over to A.M, OK ? 

Sure, must visit you one of those night to view your clams collection, Mr hum king :lol:

Taking a break now, still need to work for another few hours... :(

• SRC Member

Sure, must visit you one of those night to view your clams collection, Mr hum king :lol:

Taking a break now, still need to work for another few hours... :(

Wakaoz...working for another few more hours?

take care dude...

cheers....

(posted from my Nokia E61 @ a foreign land)