6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Initially planned to get the MH light for the setup, but after reading bro jervismum's review on ATI t5 lighting changed my mind and almost bought the ATI 4ft 6 tubes powermodule (aquamarin had no stock that time and it took 3 weeks to order).

Later on dropped the idea of getting the ATI, partly because of the cost and partly because the mounting was not feasible due to the false ceiling on top of the tank.

I contacted Dr. Evil and got the 2 x 4 tubes DIY T5. I’m currently using 3 AquaScience 15000k bulbs and 5 ATI Blue Plus.

post-34-1158506054.jpg

Initially planned to get the MH light for the setup, but after reading bro jervismum's review on ATI t5 lighting changed my mind and almost bought the ATI 4ft 6 tubes powermodule (aquamarin had no stock that time and it took 3 weeks to order).

Later on dropped the idea of getting the ATI, partly because of the cost and partly because the mounting was not feasible due to the false ceiling on top of the tank.

I contacted Dr. Evil and got the 2 x 4 tubes DIY T5. I’m currently using 3 AquaScience 15000k bulbs and 5 ATI Blue Plus.

That's 54 watt x 8 = 432 watt of lightings!!

No wonder ur corals are blooming.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

Here is the list of the equipments i'm using currently:

Tank

Main: 4x2x2.5 ft

Sump: 2.5x1.5x1.5 ft

Chiller: Arctica 1/5 hp

Skimmer: Deltec apf600

FR: Skimz w/ media Sorb4

Pumps

Return: Eheim 1264

Chiller: Aquabee UP 2000/l

Skimmer: Eheim 1250

FR: Dymax

UV Sterilizer: Atman

Ozoniser: Resun

Filter Media:

Rowa Carbon

Biohome

Ceramic rings

Chemipure

Pura NitrateLock

Bro Izumo... I personally don't think putting the chiller in the cabinet is a wise idea... yes I do agree with you the air emitted by the Arctica is way too hot (I need to use a fan to disperse the heat). Perhaps you want to consider having it outside your cabinet... at least by doing so, you can close your cabinet doors :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro Izumo... I personally don't think putting the chiller in the cabinet is a wise idea... yes I do agree with you the air emitted by the Arctica is way too hot (I need to use a fan to disperse the heat). Perhaps you want to consider having it outside your cabinet... at least by doing so, you can close your cabinet doors :)

Bro jervis, I wish i can put it outside also (my cabinet is full now, can't accomodate a CR).

The problem is i've already forced in a 4 ft partition tank between the dining and living area, it will be very awkard and spoil the interior if the chiller is to be put outside.

Guess u will have to leave ur cabinet doors permanently open for better ventilation.

Alternatively, can put the chiller as far as ur kitchen or wherever cant be seen, but piping works is tough and u will need an extra powerful pump to run it.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

My one and only wavemaker Seio 820. Another source of strong flow is from the return pipe.

Is it sufficient? Talk to some of the LFS, it seems that the wavemaker is not so important. Meanwhile another review stated that wave is very crucial, so I'm confuse now.

it depends on what corals you are keeping.

some need high flow and some don need so much..

example:

super high flow: sps (but not direct current they will rtn)

high flow: sun coral

moderate flow: hammer, frogspawn

low: mushroom, brain

however even if you keeping corals that do not need too much of current, it is still encourage to have good flow of water to carry debris up and allow it to be filter away, and to prevent any dead spot in the tank that might in turn contribute to nitrate level..

my 2cent :peace:

it depends on what corals you are keeping.

some need high flow and some don need so much..

example:

super high flow: sps (but not direct current they will rtn)

high flow: sun coral

moderate flow: hammer, frogspawn

low: mushroom, brain

however even if you keeping corals that do not need too much of current, it is still encourage to have good flow of water to carry debris up and allow it to be filter away, and to prevent any dead spot in the tank that might in turn contribute to nitrate level..

my 2cent :peace:

thanks bro. In that case my current flow should be sufficient, the only problem is to make sure all area covered, have to think now how to do it...

thanks bro. In that case my current flow should be sufficient, the only problem is to make sure all area covered, have to think now how to do it...

you see my avatar?

that is my previous tank.. size 60cmx60xcmx70cm

total pumps in main tank=5

plus return pump and chiller outlet=7 :P

you see my avatar?

that is my previous tank.. size 60cmx60xcmx70cm

total pumps in main tank=5

plus return pump and chiller outlet=7 :P

wow, are all the 5 pumps in the open space, or you hide them all behind the LR? Mine is partition tank, so dunno how to put the pump nicely hidden.