6ft x 24"x30" tank

jessjess

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not very comfortable with the unknown brand of carbon and resin used in the DI unit. Low grade carbon eventually leech back after full asorption, correct me if I am wrong. But If I use Pur II I can be rest assured of its quality and brand.

Hi Jess, I am not trying to prove you wrong... but I think we are referring to 2 different issues here.

PUR II is a good product, I am using it. PUR II works well within the system.

DI Unit is a good product also. It will remove pollutants so that you do not introduce them into your tank. Yes, in the long run... filters need to be replaced... that's why it comes with a TDS meter... once the reading is high (in ppm), it's time to change filter.

The best is to run both, DI water for your salt mix and top up water... and also PUR II (or any other media) in your trusted FRs.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Hi Jess, I am not trying to prove you wrong... but I think we are referring to 2 different issues here.

PUR II is a good product, I am using it. PUR II works well within the system.

DI Unit is a good product also. It will remove pollutants so that you do not introduce them into your tank. Yes, in the long run... filters need to be replaced... that's why it comes with a TDS meter... once the reading is high (in ppm), it's time to change filter.

The best is to run both, DI water for your salt mix and top up water... and also PUR II (or any other media) in your trusted FRs.

hi bro jevis, you are right!! :peace:

just put i two pcs of liverock today.. preparation for 100++ kg of cure rock coming in weeks time.. isit a good idea?

will update more photo on skimmer and light in few days time..

• SRC Member

Welcome jessjess to SRC. You got a really nicey cooley cabinet.

there. nicey nice

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
ATI Bubble Master skimmer in place. Very clean design, like it white!

This is perfect.. good equipments & nice scape... :bow:

cheers...

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

This is my ATI BubbleMaster. . . how come yours seem so small? Especially the centre portion. . . .

post-34-1159969160.jpg

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Pai say.. just being reminded mine is baby master heheh...hehe :P

Haha... the ATI Twister M :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Pai say.. just being reminded mine is baby master heheh...hehe :P

Oic. . . :)

just curious, wun the ATI twister be too small for a huge tank like yours? :) considering tt jervis is using ATI BM-250 for his 4 footer.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.