angel collection fulfill

bigbird

• SRC Member

Was reading your post about your experience concerning aggression of fishes towards each other. I added a blue lip angelfish to my tank which has a yellow tang yesterday and now my angelfish is half dead. The yellow tang kept attacking it and I didn't realise how bad it was until I got home from work just now. Can see the body of the angelfish is all bruised and there are open sores at some places. I've isolated the angelfish in a plastic basket now but not sure whether it will survive. Heart pain man.

Do you guys have any suggestion as to how to "nurse" the angelfish back to health?

Hard bro, and yellow tang love to attack zebrasoma family or fishes that are similar colour example, blue lip, queen of similar size , golden butterfly fish and long nose butterfly fish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolguy, I don't suppose you can identify the gansta from the nerd? Davechee, my heart goes out to you. Just when you thought you have a healthy Angel, this happens... Believe me, all of us have gone through this. My Copperband was very healthy and active, and going after all kinds of food - frozen brine shrimp, bloodworms, pellets, and that stupid #@% killed it.

For protection against Yellow Tang, imho it is advisable to provide protection on top, near the water surface, since the Tang seldom ventures to the top. Stick all types of boxes, plastic partitions and what have you, for the new fish to seek refuge. Hopefully, after a few weeks, the Tang will eventually accept the newcomer.

PS would love to show a pic of my Queen but my Canon Ixus konked out, after only 2 years.

• SRC Member

hehe :P ofcoz i cant identify the gansta from the nerd bro... im jus sayin only from my opinion... we all need some luck tats all... me too got 1 agrasive french angel which bully all my other angel including my king angel... so now thinkin mwts to sell it...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Angel lovers

I had tried a few times to keep Coral Beauty and Flame Angel but it was not successful. My Koran Angel ,Purple Tang are alright. Any suggestions on how to keep Coral Beauty and Flame Angel. My water parameter is

PH : 8.2 - 8.3

KH : 9.2 -9.6

NO3 : 10ppm

PO4 : 2.5ppm

Temp : 30 - 30.8 celcius ( Not using chiller )

I did not test for NH3 and NO2 since my tank is already mature( about 1.5 years ).

• SRC Member

chrysurus

post-8-1162301198.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• SRC Member

goldflake

post-8-1162301285.jpg

• SRC Member

XL scribble

post-8-1162301427.jpg

• SRC Member

XL personifer

post-8-1162301504.jpg

• SRC Member

my pic

post-8-1162904664.jpg

• SRC Member

my pic

post-8-1162904791.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro bigbird

Solid collection of angels! U must have lost count in how many thousands $ worth of fishes in your tank.... :bow:

Can update a full tank shot again or best to have an open house for reefers to drool over your collection :D

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

hi bros. im new to the club.

have a 3 ft tank (fowlr) since last oct last year. planning to upgrade to 4-2-2 soon, hopefully nx yr.

bro bigbird, indeed your tank is inspirational (at least to me).

very nice... your 6ft sump tank is bigger than alot of people's main tank :D

still have alot to learn from bros here.