Advise needed for a nano tank

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

Got a tank about 38cm Length (considered nano?)

Wanted to convert to a nano......

but I am wondering how do i keep de temperature constant? esp if I wanna keep some corals such as mushies, polyps and maybe bubbles.....

Do I need a fan? don't need anything at all (temp will be around 29-30 degrees)?

Can pple with nano tanks give some advise?

:thanks::thanks:

FnC

• SRC Member

have always tot that anything less than 30gallons is considered a nano tank but there are those who dun concur.... :rolleyes:

if i were not to use my fan, the water temp is usually between 29-31degree celsius. to use fan or not would likely to depend on your livestocks you want in your tank lor... but most people would strongly suggest keeping the temp constant between 26-28deg and you are likely to need a fan or a chiller to acheive that (unless you have the tank in an aircon room and have constant gusts of wind blowing at that the tank..... :idea: ).

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

• SRC Member

Hi, using a fan to blow at your tank helps to lower the temp.... I have a very small tank and maintaining it at the right temp and salinity is a tough and delicate job....

Blowing it with a fan lower the temp but at the same time water evpourate at a very fast rate cause the salinity to increase.... also bear in mind that when topping up water, the saliniity changes in a small tank is very different from a large tank so water top up have to be "dose".

Keep a nano needs lots of time and effort, I hope that you will succeed and share you learning and exprience with other fellows reefer!!! Cheer ;)