FS ((Non-Marine) - iPod Video 30gb

southpaw23

• SRC Member

Hi all,

My wife recently received an iPod (white) for a gift but she's more keen on a nano so lookin to sell the unit which is brand spankin' new. All we've done is remove the sealed wrap from the box to take a look at the unit. Everything else has been untouched. :P

The warrantly hasn't been registered yet and i've checked, will have a full year left on it. Brand new is going for 428. Lookin at 380 for the unit.

Interested parties please call or sms me at 9389 2291.

cheers,

Kenny

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Maybe a gd idea if u could provide brand name, model to expedite ur sale. Is it an old model etc.

U said new $428 now u wan to sell at $380, a discount of $48

Did you make a check on the best price people can buy in the market?

or has the price come down?

hmmmm........................ doesn't look seducive to attract buyer. Taking $428 as an example, may I suggest selling at $250 -280. I have no doubt u will be able to sell and solve ur problem.

U can only sell at a better price provided ur model is a hot seller in the market.

U aware LCD tvs are very cheap nowadays that shops dun sell color tvs anymore.

So sell cheap b4 it bcums obsolete.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT HUMAN NATURE. people wan cheap and bargains!

Thats how rich people bcum richer but I always look for free things to sell for money and give it to charity.

Jus a personal opinon for ur consideration.

I dun noe why i post this, maybe i am too free and restless

gd day

• SRC Member

Thanks for the "constructive" input. To address some of your said points, the model has already been stated in the title (ie. 30gb iPod Video), so i would suppose that's pretty clear already..also indicated that it's brand spankin new which would mean that it's obviously the latest model, even the price will give that away as previous iPod video models cost more than 428.. ;)

Secondly, Yes I have checked the pricing outside...and sorry for saying this but suggesting a selling price of 250-280, sounds completely absurd as the item is brand new with a full years warranty. Why would i stand to lose more than half price off an item that has barely been touched? 40 dollars off the retail price is 10 percent. Go check the market, iPods don't sell for anything less than retail unless u have other "contacts" etc...so the asking price to me is a reasonable one. Plus, i woulda been willing to go down a lil from the asking price...but again, it's a brand new item....and more importantly...i'm not desperate to sell it.... ;)

Thirdly, no offense, but ur LCD TV example seems completely irrelevant as that's an apples to oranges comparison when in this case, it's an apples to apples comparison. iPods are known to be popular in the market...heck it's the market leader for cryin out loud...i doubt it's gonna be obsolete anytime soon... :P

Fourthly, i'll completely agree with you on human nature...or more so on human nature around "these parts of the world" specifically. Everybody wants cheap stuff but can't seem to see past a good deal. But oh well, that's their priorities...so letting bygones be bygones, i'm still bound to find ppl who can appreciate a good deal at the end of the day...

Which incidentally...i have.... :) iPod's been sold at 360! Dunno why i decided on the long reply...maybe i'm too free and restless too...

cheers! ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Thanks for the "constructive" input. To address some of your said points, the model has already been stated in the title (ie. 30gb iPod Video), so i would suppose that's pretty clear already..also indicated that it's brand spankin new which would mean that it's obviously the latest model, even the price will give that away as previous iPod video models cost more than 428.. ;)

Secondly, Yes I have checked the pricing outside...and sorry for saying this but suggesting a selling price of 250-280, sounds completely absurd as the item is brand new with a full years warranty. Why would i stand to lose more than half price off an item that has barely been touched? 40 dollars off the retail price is 10 percent. Go check the market, iPods don't sell for anything less than retail unless u have other "contacts" etc...so the asking price to me is a reasonable one. Plus, i woulda been willing to go down a lil from the asking price...but again, it's a brand new item....and more importantly...i'm not desperate to sell it.... ;)

Thirdly, no offense, but ur LCD TV example seems completely irrelevant as that's an apples to oranges comparison when in this case, it's an apples to apples comparison. iPods are known to be popular in the market...heck it's the market leader for cryin out loud...i doubt it's gonna be obsolete anytime soon... :P

Fourthly, i'll completely agree with you on human nature...or more so on human nature around "these parts of the world" specifically. Everybody wants cheap stuff but can't seem to see past a good deal. But oh well, that's their priorities...so letting bygones be bygones, i'm still bound to find ppl who can appreciate a good deal at the end of the day...

Which incidentally...i have.... :) iPod's been sold at 360! Dunno why i decided on the long reply...maybe i'm too free and restless too...

cheers! ;)

Upz for u Southpaw !

i like ur objective and great reply. :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10