Plans for a New 5 footer

Tanggy

• SRC Member

Hi All,

I have been MIA for too long. Got a new place and nearly completion of renovation and is putting up plans for a new tank. So was thinking if any bros here have any good tank maker to recomend. Currently think of a 5x2.5x2.5 ft tank as a divider between the living and dinning area. Appreciate recommendation and suggestion. Thanks in advamce. :P

• SRC Member

Initiate plans is something like this. The hood is to extend all the way up the false ceiling. a side cabinet with display shelves and small cabinet below to hide inlet and outlet water pipe and the chiller copper coolant piping to the balcony.

Have already got my plumber to pull water point to where the tank would be and a drainage pipe to the balcony dranage for easy water change. :) what can i say. i am a lazy person. :P

post-34-1162464242.jpg

• SRC Member

hee... nice to be back. Dr evil. See u got a new tank. BTW who's you tank maker?

Equipement not confirm yet. must get the tank design firt. New house and tons of payout to be made.

Chiller - relocate my existing Diael 0.5hp chiller to the belcony

Skimmer - TBC

MH - 2x250watt

T5 - 2x54watt

Must see the total bill of my reno before the expensive equipment can be considered!

:(

• Sponsor
hee... nice to be back. Dr evil. See u got a new tank. BTW who's you tank maker?

Equipement not confirm yet. must get the tank design firt. New house and tons of payout to be made.

Chiller - relocate my existing Diael 0.5hp chiller to the belcony

Skimmer - TBC

MH - 2x250watt

T5 - 2x54watt

Must see the total bill of my reno before the expensive equipment can be considered!

:(

i have my own tank maker and carpentor.... :lol:

As for the skimmer, there are alot of brand to choose from....skimmers are cheap now compare than before

• SRC Member

Bro go for a 3ft width. You will never regret as with 2.5 after you placed the LRs in the center, you'll find that you'll be left with little sand bed area to put corals. And also put you tap near the sump where you can tap it to a DI unit for auto top-up. Me did it all wrong where now my tap is still at the top of my tank ;) very difficult to modify liao <_<

• SRC Member

I agree with ShootSimon. Also, get a sump that will occupy at least 3/4 length of the cabinet. Like the Deltec tank style. You won't encounter leaks from your equipment if you place most of your equipment in sump. Had a bad experience with my setup as my skimmer overflow. When I viewed the Deltec tank at Reef Depot, I regret not to copy their style. Newbie mistake, didn't know about Deltec tank.

• 1 month later...