Most cost effective skimmer for 400L?

hcck

Dear reefers,

Need help in choosing a cost effective skimmer. I've heard the good ones are Deltecs, H&S etc, but they are going for princely sums unlike the other common ones like weipro, macro and reef octopus.

My tank is 400L. Is the Reef Octopus NW110 going to be the best bang for buck in my case? Or the Macro AS150. Where is a good place to get them?

Appreciate all your valuable comments.

Thanks!

Hi there, I think Reef Octopus NW 110 is too small for a 400L tank. I'm using it for my 200L tank.

It's a value for money skimmer, I'm using it without any problems,my tank is in a good state. In fact, i think the performance will be much better if u get the recirculating one.

Think the DNW-150 should be a good choice for a value for money skimmer. (my personal opinion onli)

Can refer to http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...opic=44872&st=0.

Cheers!

Hi,

thanks drato11!

looks good.

i'm wondering what made u pick the Octopus instead others like the Macro needle wheel? They look very similar to me and macro seems to have the advantage of being able to be used as a hang on. From the threads, it seems that macro used to be good stuff, but the new king is the octopus.

What is special abt the DNW series? to an untrained eye like mine, it seems the same(needle wheel type).

how much is the DNW150 going for? - i've been bitten very badly the first time i got my marine tank!..ouch

Hi, i bought the reef octopus becos it's cheap and it looks kinda like H&S :upsidedown:

The recirculating ones design are like deltecs! :upsidedown:

But i'm not saying they're as good as deltecs or H&S. I've never tried them before.

I think the recirculating ones will skim better than the non recirculating ones. Have not tried it myself cos when i bought the NW110, the recirculating ones are not out yet. Would hv gotten the recirculating ones if i have a choice then.

Price wise i'm not too sure. U can check wif the sponsor here, AM. They carry this brand of skimmers. U should also check with the macro users, then make ur own choice which is the one u prefer.

Cheers!

hi hcck

i'll pick the RO DNW150, won't go wrong with that.

the most value for money skimmer out there in the market that can at least do some work. to me it's like a toyota. worksmanship has improve over time.

I personally feels that not worth getting the RO DNW 110... The reaction chamber is too small liao..

Get DNW 150 onwards... Very satisfied witht the performance...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...