Corals & Angels

ming69

Yes, angels are not reef friendly, it better to put them in a FOWLR tank, yes they do eat seaweeds.

Compatible you mean what type of corals? Mainly not much corals are compatible, try not to get polyps type, and try not to get open brains, and clams. I think mushroom should be ok.

i have a flame angel in my tank.

generally, it used to like meaty food like brain, cynarina,prata ,blasto, clams that kind.

recently tamn down a lot.

they are not reef safe and even though they do not nip now does not mean they will not in the future too.

general guideline is to feed them sufficient so that they have less chance to try the coral. a safer angel to add into a reef tank is most probably the argi angel.

:)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Alveopora and goniopora will not be safe if you intend to put an angel in. I have a damsel that kill my goniopora (even damsel also nip off it's tentacle one by one) OMG. Try not to get the above 2 corals. And alveopora is not cheap, you will have a heart pain if you buy it. Actually when they nip on corals/invert, I have this feeling that they are not hungry at all, just that they wanted to nip on it, it's their natural behaviour. Because I use to have a flame angel, it has been well fed and it's very fat. But it keeps nipping on my clam mantles, I tried 2 clams last time, one I put it on the sand bed, immediately it found the clam and start nipping, the other I put it on one high end corner, it took a few days for it to find it, and it start nipping also.

When I change from fish only to LPS tank, my angels started to nip at my clams and other LPS. <_<

I'm so angry that I decided to remove them once ond for all.

But the method I do is remove all LPS & some LRs.

Take one whole dam day.

Very siong.... :eyeblur:

From then on, NO more angels or other non-reef safe fish liao. :peace:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
yes. zoa sure die. Hammers is ok.

Now been trying very hard to catch my Angel. How le?

keep on hide, don't eat my food and eat my zoa.

headache. how how how?

l find that once an angel (esp the pygmy type like coral beauty) is released into the tank, it's very difficult to catch it again as it hide deep in the LR at night unless i remove all my lr to catch it. Siong!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

siao liao...no wonder my zoos dn't open as before...thot was my light (2 of e T5s die off) wa lao...it will be big project to remove e angel 9just added not long after my coral beauty UTL)... hope this new comer...smaller in size stop wat it does best...

Henry Tan

Sembawang

3x1.5x1.5 2.5x1x1.5

LS

1xfire clown/ 1xyellow boxer

1xpercular/ 1xcoral beauty

1xboxer/ 2xfire shrimps

1xcoral beauty/ 2xfalse clowns

2xhawk fish/ 1xane crab

1xyellow tail damsel/ 2xcleaners

3xturbo snails

2xhermits