Moving Marine Setup

ashkwek

Hi all,

I'm moving out to another location. I've a 4x2x2.5 setup and need advice how to move the whole setup with minimum fuss.

Up to now, my biggest concern is how to move all the water as i don't want to cycle the tank again.

Any other things that i have to take note of?

Thks a lot for yr advice.

You would surely need to remove the water if you would like to shift the aquarium. It is not possible to shift it with water in it, your cabinate will sure break apart. A good way is to transfer all water to another tank (provided that you have a similar tank size), if not, you may wish to purchase blue tub. Those that LFS/farms using, haha. :lol: But i don't think it's advisable to shift it with LRs and livestocks in it as well, i'm afraid your tank base may break. Maybe try to get tank shifter for help, pay them and they do it for you. Hehe. :lol: I think bros who have shifted before will give you a better advise.

• SRC Member

your other location....is in in your house or other places??? there is seriously no easy way to move.....

if within your house, you need to prepare a blue tub and trasffe your rocks and water to the tub before transfering them back....i think you need to spend about a day or more on the operation....

• SRC Member

i used those opaque white containers when i shifted my tank. those with rollers below. not too heavy, easy to push around also.

only used 3 of those where i can separate my LRs, fishes, and corals.

then any shortfall in water i just top up using new water lor, treat as water change also.

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

Bro you only need to keep 30% or 50% of your tank water later just add new salt water. As for the blue tub you can ask the reefer's here I'm sure they can borrow it to you.

Bro,

If kept only 50% of the water, how long does it takes for the new salt water to 'settle down'?

i used those opaque white containers when i shifted my tank. those with rollers below. not too heavy, easy to push around also.

only used 3 of those where i can separate my LRs, fishes, and corals.

then any shortfall in water i just top up using new water lor, treat as water change also.

Bro,

I've no idea of the container u r talking about.

Is it the one selling at NTUC for abt $20++, translucent with 4 small black roller?