Setting up 1.5ft cube tank

moi_dar

PP, i like your idea ha haha... let's organise sg reef club mahjong tournament! Each player put up their prized possession as chips!!!!! Any takers????

Still don't know what is that orange fan thingy. Found somethings like white worms on it... dipped it in fresh water and pull off the white stuff. Did i injure it? Errr... aiyah, gonna adopt a "wait and see" attitude.

Definitely going for clams once I get my hand on a working chiller.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

but her pattern i tink she misintepret me liaoz..

haha i say no big fish doesnt mean she can buy 99 small fish... lolx

:lol:

her hands itch againz lolx...

a few more of moi-dar on the loose will definitely drive the price of the corals up like the petrol..... :cry::cry:

but seriously slow down and take stock of your bio load in ur tank.... leave some cash for equipment upgrade/change too......

hey sis...

i not sure whether u got off ur return pump when u feed ur corals..

mayb u can save e hazzle if u jsut place e sun coral in a low flow area...

in tht way even if u target feed miss q e food is ard there wun go flowing with e current mahz...

but u target feed sun coral u reali got sim lehz..

they grow quite fast one dun worry...

as for e star polyps as long u hav constant dose of calcium n kalwasser

they also grow quite fast...

i ever c b4 many reefer try to grow e star polyps on e back of their tank

e whole back of e tank is cover with star polyps reli nice...

e bigger corals u put behind will b nicer..

if i m not wrong e orange thingy is call sponge fan...

spongy fellas r quite hardy..

just bcareful when u buy them dun take them out of water too long..

air bubbles trap in a sponge = :cry2::cry2:

frog spawn n hammer n totally diff thing lehz..

frogspawn no matter is e true octo species or e branch species confirm more x than hammer one loh..

frogspawn e tip is diff from hammer..

there is a reason y its call hammer lolx...

:lol:

i suggest u put ur mushies in front...

so far like nt enuff light..

i c u go iwarna shoppin buy alot of things worz... lolx...

• SRC Member

Hummm..... U got the spikey durian(galaxy) ? :huh::ph34r: I sold off mine as It can really stretched its hands and legs :eyeblur::blink: anything near this fellow sure to get STING !!! Jus my humble experiences :(

Does ur hammer opens up ? The pic does not show them opening :snore:

And better stop adding corals to ur tank for the moment .... let ur tank stable before adding more. :)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Need to add any minerals? Calcium, Kalwasser and iodine only? Nano tank need all those CR, FR and other stuff or not???

BTW, how to remove the canister for cleaning without spilling water out? Put a pail on standby before pulling out the hose? When should I do a water change? Read somewhere I should do it only a month after ANN cycle to ensure there are sufficient bacteria. Come to think of it... having a sump really makes life easier :rolleyes:

Make be... hmmm... Get a nice looking tank and buid into as a feature wall? ha ha ha...

You all bad influence, keep brain washing me. :P:whistle

• SRC Member
BTW, how to remove the canister for cleaning without spilling water out? Put a pail on standby before pulling out the hose? When should I do a water change?

can install a Eheim Double Tap Quick Release to the hose for easy removal of canister...

• SRC Member

can install a Eheim Double Tap Quick Release to the hose for easy removal of canister...

yvoneysl referring to this: http://www.reefdepot.com.sg/AddProduct.asp?ProdID=539

you could get it @ RD or Petmart.... take note of the size of your hose.......

or you could upgrade to Eheim Cannister, it has built in valve that shut off when you remove the hose from the cannister for cleaning........ :evil::evil:

• SRC Member
Need to add any minerals? Calcium, Kalwasser and iodine only? Nano tank need all those CR, FR and other stuff or not???

Frankly, I think you are faster than those who are starting off with 3 ft tanks...even me take atleast 2 months. :lol:

I think you are more into Corals (SPS and LPS), so you must meet all their requirement and what makes it even more complicated in my view is that you are running a nano tank which is much harder due to various reasons (i.e water flow, lights, temp and etc).

My advice to you is go slow else you might cry ....just my 0.02 cts worth

Yo bros,

Definitely heeding the advice of all and going to slow down on buying corals :)

Now looking into buying the necessary equipment for my corals to do well. <_<

Gonna get a wave maker, MH light and chiller first. Should be getting the Calcium and kalwasser to help my corals grow. :)

Anything else I should be getting?

But still went to J & J yesterday he hehe.... he's got alot of clams.... So tempting.

• SRC Member
Yo bros,

Definitely heeding the advice of all and going to slow down on buying corals :)

Now looking into buying the necessary equipment for my corals to do well. <_<

Gonna get a wave maker, MH light and chiller first. Should be getting the Calcium and kalwasser to help my corals grow. :)

Anything else I should be getting?

But still went to J & J yesterday he hehe.... he's got alot of clams.... So tempting.

Maybe I should pass you my cube :eyebrow:

At the rate you are going, with all the corals & equipment, think you'll need a bigger tank. :whistle:whistle

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
ha haha... waiting for my hubby's bonus. If he's got excess, will try to make him part with some of it and get a complete tank set :evil: he hehe will see how many feet I can get approval for :eyebrow: .. keeping my ngers crossed. ;)

Oh u even went to J & J ? U are unstoppable, think can spot ur RED CAR all over S'pore LFS :P

Seriously, ur passion for reefing is trememdous and overwhelming :bow: But u might really consider getting a bigger tank, else its a matter of time that the water perimeter might have problems due to the loading of corals. Instead of getting the equipments for this tank now, bite the bullet and make a new year resolution, get a bigger tank !!! :evil::P:D:lol: To satisfy ur reefing ich :eyeblur:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Any idea whether it is possible to set up a sump for my 1.5ft cube? Got electrocuted twice last night when I was rescaping and cleaning up my cannister :sick::cry: Don't want to experience it again. Seriously very troublesome cleaning up cannister pump.

Can advise where to read up on sump? Easy/Costly to set up one? Where to get a sump?

• SRC Member

eh sis, u might wanna get an ibox or some overflow pipe for a start. for the sump tank maybe u can get a similiar dimension tank as your main tank and divide it up using acrylic sheets or glass panels. u will also need a return pump

Any idea whether it is possible to set up a sump for my 1.5ft cube? Got electrocuted twice last night when I was rescaping and cleaning up my cannister :sick::cry: Don't want to experience it again. Seriously very troublesome cleaning up cannister pump.

Can advise where to read up on sump? Easy/Costly to set up one? Where to get a sump?

eh sis obviously there is nth wrong with havin e canister...

y bother to spend $ to change ?

since ur hands r wet u shld watch ur hands mahz..

dun c y u wun get electrocuted with wet hands after buy a sump?

u din standby a cloth beside e tank area to wipe dry ur hands?

at e rate u r buyin...

i can feel u goin to rear something in ur sump tank also...

lolx....

i suggest u buy a whole setup else very hard to get rid of ur xtra sumptank..

if u buy something u muz forseen its value also..

unless u reali nid it..

nowdays 2nd hand tank set with cabinet reali bcum no value...

dun buy xtra things...

• SRC Member

at e rate u r buyin...

lolx....

unless u reali nid it..

dun buy xtra things...

ya agree with ambystoma82.... getting a sump for ur 1.5ft cube will not help much...soon ur 1.5ft cube will be full..or is it overcrowded now?

can see that you are really into reefing, why dun u sit down and think thru... and bite the bullet to get the biggest tank that your wallet and house could accomodate.... with all the matched equipment, sump, skimmer, FR, chiller, lightings etc etc.... after that you could chiong LFS till you drop.,.....

:lol::lol::lol:

at e rate u r buyin...

lolx....

unless u reali nid it..

dun buy xtra things...

No lah, got electrocuted cos the water from the cannister shot out when I was trying to remove the hose from it... Haven't got the valve to control the water flow yet. Even with the valve, I don't see why the water won't drip out from the cannister?

Currently I remove the hose from the cannister and the water simply kept flowing out from the hose and wet everything. Almost flood the whole kitchen! Thank God I've moved it out from my living room... if not my laminated flooring would have been gone!

A possible way which I thought might prevent the water from wetting the place was getting a big tube to place under the cannister before I remove the top of the cannister. Then bring the body of the cannister in the tube to the bathroom to clear? Feasible idea?

Little Bull, where are you???? :cry2: How did you do it???? :cry: Must PM her and ask her secret liao? :pirate: