sexy shrimp eat my frogspawn?

Sho

Hi bro and sis,

I just got my frogspawn from ah bengs' shop 2 days ago. Then my 3 ###### shrimps host in it immediately. They walk here and there on the tentacles and I thought they are just eating up the slimy coating on the frogspawn, so no worry.

But this morning, I saw the ###### shrimps got patches of green colour inside their bodies, similar to the frogspawn colour! Are the ###### eating on my frogspawn?

Anyone got experience in it? And do ###### shrimps have camoflage skills? Help me please. I don't know if I should remove the ###### shrimps or keep them. Thanks!

:shock:

• SRC Member

i guess u feed formula 2 flakes ? or lettuce or sea weed ?

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

Hi Vandeam, I don't feed lettuce and seaweed, but I got many macro algae in my tank. I feed my tank only mysis and pellets.

I'm suspecting that the ###### got the colour from the frogspawn by eating the symiotic algae inside the tentacles. either that or the ###### got a ability to camoflage itself like a chameleon.

• SRC Member

i have over 10 ###### shrimp in my tank for the last 5 mths never seen it once . when i see green in their stomach coz of my flakes and lettuce .

well maybe urs exceptional :) and like an expensive meal .

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

Hi VanDeam, the green patches are all over the ###### shrimps' body, not only stomach. But I don't care if they change colour a not, the main thing is I don't know if they are eating my frogspawn.

Hi spaceman, mine used to be orange too, now turning green colour. I taken the big 1 out. He is almost green colour now. Don't know if I should put him back into the tank. My frogspawn is too expensive for me to lose it.... Haiz....

Hi VanDeam, the green patches are all over the ###### shrimps' body, not only stomach. But I don't care if they change colour a not, the main thing is I don't know if they are eating my frogspawn.

Hi spaceman, mine used to be orange too, now turning green colour. I taken the big 1 out. He is almost green colour now. Don't know if I should put him back into the tank. My frogspawn is too expensive for me to lose it.... Haiz....

care to take some pics bro ?

hmmm... so challenging siaz.. never c b4 such shrimps..

<_<<_<

is ur frogspawn dying?

if not should be ok ba ;)

but i didnt know ###### shrimp can camoflage :ph34r:

happy reefing ;)

care to take some pics bro ?

hmmm... so challenging siaz.. never c b4 such shrimps..

Hi, WaNeR and ambystoma82...

Yesterday, I went to consult with Henry @ marineLife about my ###### shrimps. Cos I bought them from him. :D

Well, he told me that the ###### shrimps do change colours at night, and the green colour will gradually change back to orange when the lights are on.

About the ###### shrimp eating on frogspawn, he told me he never see any of them doing it, but of course, there's always an oddball out there. I'd pray mine isn't the oddball.

And rest are basically what you guys have told me.

So I will leave the shrimps in the tank and see how it goes.

Thanks everybody for the advice. And thanks to Henry @ marineLife for explaining everything ever so patiently. :D

I will try to take a photo...have to wake up @ 3am to snap the photo though! :pinch: