Green mushroom

Zoas

Red sponge

Orange sponge

Red bamboo

yeah ur butterfly didnt touch ur corals? :ph34r:

and wat about the Solar Fairy Wrasse

is it aggressive or tame? ;)

nice tank and healthy fish u got there ;)

the cowfish is so cute :paiseh:

Thanks :P The cowfish is one of my favorite fish in the tank. Greedy little fellow, eats anything..including the tubeworms. :cry: I bought 4 tube worms, now left only 1.

Yupz...the redfin butterfly do touch my corals, but he's not eating it (no coral damage). Just peck here and there. I wonder how long he can last because he's not feeding. The uncle in the LFS said "Very easy to keep...eats anything" :blink: Once he's in my tank..eats nothing. Just peck here and there (live rocks & corals) for the whole day (for 2 weeks liao).

The solar fairy wrasse is very tame, gets along well with the rest of his tank mates. :)

RIP list :

2 x false clown - They were already infected with clown fish disease when I bought them (The LFS should have QT the fishes, not display them for sale :angry: ). Lasted only 3 days.

1 x purple queen - Not feeding. Lasted only 1 week.

3 x tubeworms - They become the food for the cowfish

1 x spotted sweetlip (AKA agogo clown) - Not feeding. Everyday just swim here & there & pecks at the liverocks. Lasted only 1 week.

1 x Sea pen - Got stuck in the powerhead. I thought it's a normal soft coral, then later found out it's a sea pen...which moves about. Lasted only 1 day :cry2:

Lessons learned -

1). Don't trust 100% the words from LFS, do your research properly first before buying your livestocks.

2). Buy quality livestocks from good LFS.

• SRC Member

Just my opinon, you have add too much livestock in such a short timing, got to be more patient add a fish or two, wait for them to get use to the water condition before adding new ones.

Tanks around or smaller than 2ft, water condition are more difficult to control.

Thanks for the advice bros :) Hee...I know that I'm guilty of adding too many fishes too fast :P But can't resist the temptations..that's why I'm performing a 30% weekly water change (twice a week, 15% once). Presently using a Prizm skimmer & a Skimz FR with SORB-4 & PUR-II. With my hardwork, water perimeters are controlled at around : SG - 1.023, Ammonia - 0, Nitrite - 0, Nitrate - 15-20ppm (can't get it down to less than 15ppm).

I think I have weird gobies...it seems that all of them are living together under the same liverock. :blink:

Diamond_goby.jpg

yellow_gobyjpg.jpg

The yellow watchman goby (paired with the piston shrimp..the shrimp is always behind the goby) will be doing the morning "guard duty". While the diamond goby takes the evening shift :lol:

not werid lahz..

haha

they r good burrom holes digger

but do not buy randall

or black stripes goby

just dun buy any goby tht might grow bigger than than 4inch in future...

else u can say byebye to ur landscape they will just dig n dig... n spit e sand all over e place to make their nest... :(

i hav updated e forum at pasir ris can take look...

tin kur tank lacks sum mushies

haha...

eh bro y din u buy a seio pump huh ?

some day somehow surely got something kanna suck into ur pump one loh...

vanguish his seio pump drop on flr bed

all e corner e corals bcum ba chou mee...lolx... ;)

Me did consider to get a Seio pump, but it's too powerful...will create a mini whirlpool in my small tank and blow up all the sand. So in the end, get 2 smaller pump and place it in 2 different location.

Hi bro,

i feel your 2 feet is a bit overcrowded for 13 fishes to live in comfortably. you might encounter nuitrient buildup in the near future since your tank is still relatively young.

however by doing regular water change would be good.otherwise u have a lot of problem when algae overtake the tank. otherwise a nice and colourful tank ! :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Yupz...read that cowfish will release toxin if she's stress or dead. But she is simply too cute, can't resist :P At first I'm still afraid that she'll be too slow to fight for food with the rest of the fishes. So, I will scoop her up using a plastic container & feed her. Haa...but now, don't bother liao, because she'll go "turbo mode" during feeding time. No problem getting her share of the food :lol:

I wanted to get a bigger tank, but can't as there's no space next to my desk in the office. Hee...I saved some $$ on the livestocks as most the fishes were "adopted" by my colleagues ("Adopt a fish/coral scheme"). That's why there's so many fishes in the tank now :P They'll get to name the fish/coral if they adopt them :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

hahahahaha! adopt a fish scheme! go bro! i love that idea! can snoop around for my tank thread. i have a similar concept

---------------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in my HDB

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

The "twin spot goby" is very hardworking. Keep eating the sand non stop, now my sand bed white white liao :D I originally bought the diamond goby to help clean the sand bed. Think I bought a lazy fish, everyday just hide under the rocks and sleep only. Come out also never eat sand, just stay put at one place & "stone" there. :angry: