JM's Office 120L Tank

jervismun

Wah you guys a bit over dramatized lor :D Maybe it's my photography or my photoshopping... actually the Leopard looks kinda normal in terms of colouration... despite its rareness... probably that's why it is not very popular... in comparison to the other more colourful Mandarins :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wah you guys a bit over dramatized lor  Maybe it's my photography or my photoshopping... actually the Leopard looks kinda normal in terms of colouration... despite its rareness... probably that's why it is not very popular... in comparison to the other more colourful Mandarins 

think you should hook up a FOWLR to the system for keeping all the rare & assortic fishes :lol:

think you should hook up a FOWLR to the system for keeping all the rare & assortic fishes :lol:

Hehe... I think I can hook up another 200L to the system without problem :lol: But FOWLR especially with large specimens will create a lot of nutrients... but of course I can always run a highly effective nitrate reductor to counter that :lol:

Bro... I am already keeping a lot of rare and exotic fishes :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Cute little Randalli... a fine scavenger actually... even clear detritus and micro algae off my macro algae :lol:

post-34-1173626927.jpg

I've got 2 specimens in my tank... but somehow the dominant specimen (right) always case the passive around... the passive specimen is not eating well ;)

post-34-1173627094.jpg

Nothing much to update... just a close-up shot of my Yashia Goby... been with me for 2 months now... the dorsal fin is simply amazing :yeah:

post-34-1174390018.jpg

• SRC Member

hey bro jervis, check with you what camera are you using ah? I should suppose its a DSLR?

never seem to be able to be fast enough to catch my fishies with my point and shoot.

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

hey bro jervis, check with you what camera are you using ah? I should suppose its a DSLR?

never seem to be able to be fast enough to catch my fishies with my point and shoot.

I'm using a Sony Alpha 100 DSLR with a Macro lens... ISO 1600 just to be able to freeze the moment... thats why you can see the grains in the pix <_<

• SRC Member

AH HA! Macro lens! that piece of equipment is super expensive! i have this vivitar 3rd party macro that just refused to work on the nikon D50. frustrating.

macro lens rock! aquarium photography can be really fun

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

AH HA! Macro lens! that piece of equipment is super expensive! i have this vivitar 3rd party macro that just refused to work on the nikon D50. frustrating.

macro lens rock! aquarium photography can be really fun

Yes bro... this hobby is only half as fun without photography :lol:

if not wrong, rainford goby must be kept single unless got very big tank.

the kana chase one will slowly disappear from the tank.

Yupe... I made a mistake there... the more passive specimen is looking very skinny now... probably will not last too long :cry2: But the chasing has subsided :nc:

Will update you guys further on this :)

Been very quiet coz I am actually running a TOP SECRET project :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: for 3 weeks now... I think it is time to reveal and share it with you guys :)

PURPLE QUEENS!!!

post-34-1174580939.jpg

This is the second most challenging pursuit I've ever taken in this hobby... first being to maintain colouration for my SPS... introduced 9 specimens into this 2ft tank 3 weeks ago... with an intention of force feeding them to get them ready for my main tank.

2 died during the course of the 3 weeks (1 due to poor health with torn tail and fins, 1 gotten pop-eye)... been feeding them all sorts of goodies since day 1... without ANY success :cry:

After a week, they seems to be reacting a bit to Cyclopeeze :erm:

Yesterday, they suddenly started eating ArctiPods :lol:

Today, frozen mysis and frozen brine shrimp :eyebrow:

My plan now is to continue feeding them constantly (I fed more than 10 times today, in small portions)... probably try pellets too... making sure they are all healthy and fat in order to survive in my main tank... with so many "hungry ghosts" around <_<

Will update for sure :angel:

i loveeee PQs...

jia you!

Thanks bro... PQs really live up to their reputation... they simply ignore food for the first few weeks... definitely not an easy attempt :unsure:

Been very quiet coz I am actually running a TOP SECRET project    for 3 weeks now... I think it is time to reveal and share it with you guys 

PURPLE QUEENS!!!

welcome to PQ club :lol: ~~~ :lol: ~~~ :lol: ~~~nice specimens

I fed more than 10 times today, in small portions...

:bow::bow::bow:

:bow::bow::bow:

Haha... today also feed a lot coz tomorrow might not go back office <_< Their favourite is still Arcti-Pods :lol:

Tried Henry's mix today... only take those tiny pieces... tried pellets but no luck :( Chopped seaweed also no response :D

Here's the problem with Arcti-Pods... as it contains Fatty Acids (supposedly good for the fish)... it affects my skimmer almost immediately <_< (see skimmer neck)

What I do now is to take advantage of the situation... since my skimmer will stop skimming for about 30 minutes, I will feed my corals at the same time also... been feeding DT's Oyster Egg (the most expensive coral food I've bought) every morning now :lol:

Better than turning the skimmer off (as instructed) as most probably I will not remember switching it back on :heh: But again... I think Aquatronica can help me do that... just that I'm too lazy to read the manual :snore:

For picky eaters... so far I've got the best result with Arcti-Pods... some reefers even claim success with Sea Horses :lol:

post-34-1174647664.jpg