coco worm

redlace

• SRC Member

yup! be prepared to wait for while...

i remember waiting for about a month ... still no new head... i thought it was dead, scared will rot inside, took the tube out and throw away in the rubbish bin,

then later i open the rubbish bin, the whole worm crawl out of the tube!!!!!! very big hairy wet and gross!! dead outside the tube

throw $$$ away

• SRC Member
Thanks Qxnviolet.

Nope...the shell is still in the tank. I can see "life" in it.

Will wait and hope for the best...

Bro... Did U see any white subtance coming out of the tube?

I bought a single head Coco from iwarna some time ago. It disappeared into the tube and started emitting some white subtance. A few weeks later, one head became 2 head... They may be mating as we speak.

• SRC Member

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di....cfm?pCatId=540

Some notes from liveqauaria

The aquarium for the Hard Tube Coco Worm should be well-established and contain a rock and gravel substrate. The Hard Tube Coco Worm requires calcium and the proper alkalinity to grow. It is extremely intolerant of poor water quality and copper-based medications.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new member here.

May I know the tube worm that you all have mentioned is also recognised as sea cucumber?

Just to clarify thing that I have read from some website.

1. The white thing that the sea cucumber eject white stuff call as Cuverian tubules which is for defense system when they sense there is predator.

2. Ya, that's true that the sea cucumber will regenerate when the organ is vomit out.

Thanks for the information provided from different people because I get to know that it takes about 1 month to regenerate.

Here I have a resource that I found quite good all about Sea cucumber.

http://www.wildsingapore.com/chekjawa/text/p630.htm

Can anyone clarify whether coco worm is the same species as sea cucumber (Holothuroidea)?

Did they belong to the same family?

^_^! Curious