Tiny piece of the ocean in my room

• SRC Member

Still waiting to get some nice pieces of LR to fill in the space.

Anyway gave the X-factor food thing a try today, just fed the fishes wasn't extremly impress with it. No feeding frenzy like wat some of the bros here says. BUt it alright stuff i guess hahahha.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
the island not very small leh.. takes up bout half the tank space already.. juz dat it seems not enough.. hahaha.. another 2-3 pieces it would be just right.

haha just like mine when i 1st do it... lol...

y not create a 2 little valley?? lol... just a suggestion... :peace:

• SRC Member
haha just like mine when i 1st do it... lol...

y not create a 2 little valley?? lol... just a suggestion... :peace:

I might i gues it very much depends on the rock i can get. But i really like the over hanging thing hahha.so probably slope down then end with the over hang rock :)

• SRC Member

nope no chiller. Tank's in my room doesnt get any sun light in the day pretty much cool in the day ard 28 degree even during hot days.

Lights comes on only at night ard 7 plus. Usually room is air-conditioned at the time :) temp dun really go beyond 28 degree even with lights and no air con :)

• SRC Member

Anyway there is no way i can get a chiller for my tank so it will have to do as it is now.

The temp i mentioned in the above post was when the tank was still a 2ftx1ftx1ft

So I guess with almost twice the volume of water now the temp rise during lighting period will be even lesser :)

The highest temp my tank recorded was ard 28 degree that was when there is no air con and the lights have been on for 6 hours. So i guess it shouldn't have a problem hosting LPS.

The clam is doing well for a few months already so I guess that a pretty good indicator :)

I guess this is my chiller now hahah :)

post-34-1178478583.jpg

i like all your fishes . very colourful, vibrant and healthy . :)

in fact i gave up most of the fishes so that i can control my bioload easily, so tempted to buy fishes sometimes.... :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
i like all your fishes . very colourful, vibrant and healthy .  :)

Thx hammy.

This little devil is preventing my gonio from opening. :angry: (thoes white patches are salt stain on the glass not on the clown :P)

Any one has any idea how to stop this guy from disturbing my gonio.

post-34-1178810858.jpg

• SRC Member

bro nice scaping. if your filtration can handle it, dont add any more rocks. its nice to see a tank with a big and clean sandbed. there are some nice corals that do well on the sandbed.

furthermore adding more rocks will make your water volume much lesser which isnt very good and worst still its a nano. too packed a nano with a small water volume is a big challenge

• SRC Member
bro nice scaping. if your filtration can handle it, dont add any more rocks. its nice to see a tank with a big and clean sandbed. there are some nice corals that do well on the sandbed.

furthermore adding more rocks will make your water volume much lesser which isnt very good and worst still its a nano. too packed a nano with a small water volume is a big challenge

geee. i din look at it that way at all from the start!

excellent point there. guess its alrite to get 2-3 more peices of small-medium LR, nothing else too much>

• SRC Member

Hmmm i didn't think from that perspective too hahah. But i definitly will add some live rock in (probably a little bit) :) cos i like branching LPS :P and they will look better on rocks than on sand bed i guess :)

thx for the advice will keep it in mind :)

If you do not have a SEIO stuck in such a strategic location... I would recommend introducing a small Anemone... your Clownie will prefer it over the Gonio :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
If you do not have a SEIO stuck in such a strategic location... I would recommend introducing a small Anemone... your Clownie will prefer it over the Gonio :)

Haha i might do it once i upgrade to a hydor korlia. Current the clown really thinks the gonio is an anemone. It will snatch food and bring it to the gonio and release it there hahaha.

Added in 2 of these from AM. Other one is hiding behind some rock. :

post-34-1179509352.jpg