Need help on Purple tang

Guys pls help me, My purple tang colour is very diff with the rea sea PT, the body purple is not as bright as the 1st pic, and the tail is not as yellow as the 1st pic also. The tail is dull yellow and the Pt in my tank for abt 1 to 2 month already, currently feeding on pellets, OSI pellets, brine shrimp and cyclopeeze. will buy seaweed 2mr

1st pic

i14617_Purpletang.JPG

My Pt

i14618_SANY0284.JPG

I believe for your case, its not the diet but your water parameters.

Looking at your LRs, I believe your kH could be low too.

Maybe you can start by testing for phosphate (po4), nitrate (no3) and alklinity (kh).

HTH ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

u can try to feed it with garlic enhance pellets too.. :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

I'd suggest that you pound the garlic and put in some water, then extract the water and let the fish food soak in the water for a while. You don't want to feed the garlic bits itself to the fishes. It's helped my blue tangs fight off ich...and the colors look good as well.

Now i super stress, My ABT start the ich rolling, now PT, Sailfin and BT all tio ich also. wana qurantine them also hard, so freaking hard to catch them. hmmm guess ireally gotta use the garlic method like what bro GLIM18 say can fight ich also, god bless my TANGS!

Guys pls help me, My purple tang colour is very diff with the rea sea PT, the body purple is not as bright as the 1st pic, and the tail is not as yellow as the 1st pic also. The tail is dull yellow and the Pt in my tank for abt 1 to 2 month already, currently feeding on pellets, OSI pellets, brine shrimp and cyclopeeze. will buy seaweed 2mr

1st pic

i14617_Purpletang.JPG

My Pt

i14618_SANY0284.JPG

Is your tank newly setup? It seem that all your LR are very pale in colour with little coraline aglae growing only ;) .

Ich attack might be due 2 your water parameter not stable which causes fishes having stress, so you might want to check the water parameter 1st ;) .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

most of my bottoms rocks are dead rocks, and the rest is LR, ich is due to my ABT, i brought from iwarna 2 weeks ago, my ABT been wack by my YT, Sailfin and PT til stress den ich, den now a few of my tangs also got ich liao, anyway good news i saw some improvement in my tangs.

Hmm as for my PT i brought from a reefer here a few weeks ago, the colour is already like that (no offence to the seller) i guess nothing wrong with my parameter, cause my YT colour still very nice and bright.

mayb from the pic i post look abit dull man hehe

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Prob the fish hasnt been feeding well for some time... color loss happens.

Try those color enhancing fish foods like cycopleze, seaweed and the 'formula1-2' pellets.

Give it time, ard 1 - 2 mths the colors should be back.

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
most of my bottoms rocks are dead rocks, and the rest is LR, ich is due to my ABT, i brought from iwarna 2 weeks ago, my ABT been wack by my YT, Sailfin and PT til stress den ich, den now a few of my tangs also got ich liao, anyway good news i saw some improvement in my tangs.

Hmm as for my PT i brought from a reefer here a few weeks ago, the colour is already like that (no offence to the seller) i guess nothing wrong with my parameter, cause my YT colour still very nice and bright.

mayb from the pic i post look abit dull man hehe

how is your tank condition now? I think your tank will still in unstable state until the next 6 months. This is because of the dead rocks. You should not place those dead rocks into your lovely tank. You should cycle in another tank for 1 year before ready or else you will corrode your lovely tank. Dead rock have too many dead things inside.