normal 3 ft tank

keith

hi,

just to check

1) a 3' x 18" x 18" tank with 6mm glass, is it safe for marine tank ?

2) about how many kg of LR do i need 10 - 20, 20 - 30, 30 - 40, 40 - 50 or more than 50 ??

3) what brand of salt is good (if possible share why is it that u think i good)

thanks alot for the time

Rdgs

Keith

• SRC Member

hi ,

i reckon you go for 10mm .... it's safer and if you can get a sump for the tank ... hence , your tank gotto be a OF one ... not advisable to get one using cannister filter ( ;) ) bet someone would say otherwise :lol::lol:

anyway , for LR ... quite x now and depends on what you plan to have in the tank ...

:o

as for salt ... lots of them around ... all have their pros and cons ....

you decide :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

:angry:;)

10mm is a good choice....more safe....personal opinion min 8mm....but your tank only 1.5ft....so no need 10mm...the pressure in the tank not so great....30-40kgs of LR should be enough....depend on what kind of structure u wanna your tank to look like(Bt Timah Hill or Mt Everest)....get it from Sea Life in Balestier....maybe still got LR sell....Kent Salt is the recommended salt....it has very good buffer abilities....well any type of filteration system also can use....canister also good lar....all depend on individual preference....jus like car....some prefer Toyota, some prefer Nissan....some die die also want Ferrari....all depends what you want as all serve the same purpose. OF is the highly popular choice among marine aquarist but if no OF means cannot keep marine fish meh?i think more important is the frequency of maintenace, type of filter media used etc

<_< *sigh*...i guess u shouldn't have view things on the surface....the $10 is for 'pei kim' to your poor clown fish who has sacrifice for your lion fish <_<

just joking

i am still planning and learning of marine set up.

i want to learn more before if i really start one.

thanks for the advise