has this site been hacked?

This is the second time I've gotten a message, supposedly from this site, stating "you have a private message". There is a link inside the email to go and check my messages.

Of course I know better than to click a link inside a strange email. Not wanting to get phished, I ignore the email. Coming here, I see I have no private messages, and the email was probably a fake.

There does not seem to be an administrator on duty here, or I would have asked that person. So, I am posting here, hoping it is seen by someone who can investigate.

thank you

Hmmm, interesting... Pls post the content of the message here, including the FULL message headers. We'll be able to see if it really originated from sgreefclub.com.

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

• SRC Member

cirrus, its another spam, the underlines are to hide the spammy links. lots of freakin spam from bots these past few months. im not saying anything, but i recall it started right around the time another local fish forum was created.

cirrus, its another spam, the underlines are to hide the spammy links.  lots of freakin spam from bots these past few months.  im not saying anything, but i recall it started right around the time another local fish forum was created.

Yeah it's another spam but posting the message headers can help to determine the source. Here is an example of legitimate email from sgreefclub.com:

From Singapore Reef Club Wed Jun 20 20:03:54 2007
Return-Path: <admin@sgreefclub.com>
Authentication-Results: mta348.mail.mud.yahoo.com  from=sgreefclub.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
**Received: from 210.193.32.191  (EHLO sd5.webhostsg.com) (210.193.32.191)
  by mta348.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:07:16 -0700
**Received: from sd5.webhostsg.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
    by sd5.webhostsg.com (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id l5L33s91022153
    for <XXXX@yahoo.com.sg>; Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:03:54 +0800
**Received: (from apache@localhost)
    by sd5.webhostsg.com (8.12.11/8.12.11/Submit) id l5L33sI8006999;
    Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:03:54 +0800
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:03:54 +0800
Message-Id: <200706210303.l5L33sI8006999@sd5.webhostsg.com>
To: XXXX@yahoo.com.sg
Subject: Topic Subscription Reply Notification ( From Singapore Reef Club )
From: "Singapore Reef Club" <achilles_tang@sgreefclub.com>
Content-Length: 654

The (**) portions should give users an idea of the authenticity of the mail. I'm interested to see the message headers for the above-mentioned spam mail.

Nowadays there are quite a lot of spam bots. This forum is not alone as I have seen this happening to several other forums.

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

• SRC Member

woah, cirrus, it's chim man. i have no idea how you do that. i wonder how the bots keep registering new nicks. maybe sgreefclub can apply those handwritten crooked letterings that help to confirm that the new user is not a bot. this particular one seems to be from netfirms.com. every letter of the 'you have a private message' is a different spammy link to netfirms.

I got the message header from my yahoo webmail. I just click the "Standard Header" label and it drops down a list that includes Full Header.

Well, you could forward me the mail and I can take a look. :)

(~ cci[RR]us ~)