DIY PL

Anthony

• SRC Member

yeah i m just a greenhorn. see some of the threat from this forum. just have some questions to ask u guys. i guess is abit newbiz, i wish u guys give me some advise.

i m planning to setup a 3ft tank. currently on the verge on saving $$$. just getting some info on the setup. shld i hang my lighting or just put ontop of my tank?

1. 3ft tank is abt how many gallon. and abt the watts/gallon theory

2. where can i get good, cheap reflectors? from Kelantan Lane? [can any1 give me the address. thanx]

3. 10000K 36watts and 10000K 50watts. which i shld i get ? shld i get just two 55 watts so is nt as hot as three 36 watt. what abt 10000k compare to 6500K.

sorrie i guess all this questions are abit stupid to ask. but i m really blurr with it. i hope some1 can give some gd advise, maybe with pictures on the diy lightings. between shld i go sinter electical at simlim or nature aquarium to get my stuff.

ya lastly, which type of diy fan shld i get? ac or dc fans?, how many needed to cool down 3 ft tank? [no $$ to get chiller]

i really thanx to those who willing to help n read my post.

hope to cya guys

thanx

joe

• SRC Member

I'm new to marine too but i hope these links might help you.

Tank Calculator

Lighting

Ian

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you