prata not feeding

[V]tEc

• SRC Member
Is it a newly bought prata d 1 tt u mentioned tt's not eating ?

no, it was in my tank for 1 mth liao. all along it's feeding n opening big. suddenly 1 day not opening n yesterday when i try to feed, no response from it.

• SRC Member

do u feed with prawn or plankton only ? if there's something or fish tt peck on it usually it will keep closing for few days bfor it felt nothing pecking on it.

tel u wat monitor 1st 4 few days than come back again with ur finding in this thread

frm there u shld b able to know wat is rong with it.

• SRC Member
do u feed with prawn or plankton only ? if there's something or fish tt peck on it usually it will keep closing for few days bfor it felt nothing pecking on it.

tel u wat monitor 1st 4 few days than come back again with ur finding in this thread

frm there u shld b able to know wat is rong with it.

maybe is my shrimp, always standing on top of it stressing it. remove it last nite n today prata is feeding again :lol:

• SRC Member

wait wait don panic :lol::lol::lol: it has got its tenticals out coz ur prata sense food wen u gave henry's its like wen plankton is around.

so 2day no tenticals rite so don panic again :lol::lol::lol: coz no more henry's in ur tank so d prata keep all its tenticals back in its compartment.

so don worry it will survive as long ur water parameter is good n food for it always available by u.

got d picture now.

I bit worry because no sign of blooming after relocated to my tank yesterday. I also notice that my small blue tang was caught tryinh to nip the prata tentacle. I will upload the photo later.... :unsure:

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

• SRC Member
I bit worry because no sign of blooming after relocated to my tank yesterday. I also notice that my small blue tang was caught tryinh to nip the prata tentacle. I will upload the photo later.... :unsure:

usually they take awhile to open big big 4 u. my red one took ard 3wks. try feeding it with small pc of market prawn. if it is eating, then quite safe liao. 2nd thing is u must place the prata in a low flow area.

Okay I wait until it open :eyeblur: but it eat the frozen food so I gues it should be safe. How to feed it with market prawn? chop it to mash or to small pieces?

I put the prata at the bottom of the tank covered by LR, this is the lowest flow position in my tank.

post-70-1185716011.jpg

• SRC Member
Okay I wait until it open :eyeblur: but it eat the frozen food so I gues it should be safe. How to feed it with market prawn? chop it to mash or to small pieces?

I put the prata at the bottom of the tank covered by LR, this is the lowest flow position in my tank.

looks quite stress, juz leave it alone for the moment, dun move it ard liao. for market prawn, i feed once a wk nia, chop to very small pc, abt 1cm depending on ur prata size. but i think now u try feeding with mysis or brime shrimp first. feed small amount first

well than keep on monitoring if u can.

Hi Bro STROM,

On epart of my prata is bleached, can the colour recover at sometime? I think this was due exposure to the sun. My main lights on at night, I think some part of the prata is becaome white translucent.

Cheers.

• SRC Member

Bro david!!

think must visit ur house someday.. wanna keep prata too but afraid.. will do more research first..

meanwhile,keep ur the hard work!! thanks for the skimmer and the stuff..

cheers

• SRC Member

Hi Bro STROM,

On epart of my prata is bleached, can the colour recover at sometime? I think this was due exposure to the sun. My main lights on at night, I think some part of the prata is becaome white translucent.

Cheers.

Yes it can but it might take quite a while. have u by any chance feed it with small cut prawn ? if u do keep on doing it for once a week n still u got to provide plankton

to its diet also.

r u using mh ? wat do u mean frm expsure frm the sun?

y do have to on ur main light at nite?simulate ur lighting to where u can follow d sunrise n sunset if u r only thinking only lps u don need to on the light for so long coz during d day its enuf for the corals to do their photosynthesis.

if u really need to on light let say after 7pm - 8.30pm y not go for flourescent vry good actinic blue like coral sun or frm aqua medic etc etc...

apart frm all this ur water parameter should b meeting d spec.

is it opening up already till now?

goodluck.

I haven't try with prawn meat but I use reef from from Henry ML with additional rotifer and cyclopeeze. So far the opening is very good, it open to 4-5" only today I noticed the belached part that facing my window. I get use to turn on the light from 7 pm to about 8 am everyday. I belive after it the sun also going to my living room giving additional exposure the prata. I am using PC light 50% accitic and 50% DL 76 watt (standard light from 24 g NC).

I alway monitor parameters weekly and I am using Aquapharm products to control it. Last time I always having problem with PO4 even I have SORB-4 in my sump, the range is 3-10 ppm, now problem solved after I installed PO4 reactor drop to zero.

Mg 1320

dKH 11

pH 8.2

Ca 430

SG 1.022

BTW, today I turn the prata 180 deg so the problem are is behind in the photo.

post-70-1186244855.jpg

• SRC Member
I haven't try with prawn meat but I use reef from from Henry ML with additional rotifer and cyclopeeze. So far the opening is very good, it open to 4-5" only today I noticed the belached part that facing my window. I get use to turn on the light from 7 pm to about 8 am everyday. I belive after it the sun also going to my living room giving additional exposure the prata. I am using PC light 50% accitic and 50% DL 76 watt (standard light from 24 g NC).

I alway monitor parameters weekly and I am using Aquapharm products to control it. Last time I always having problem with PO4 even I have SORB-4 in my sump, the range is 3-10 ppm, now problem solved after I installed PO4 reactor drop to zero.

Mg 1320

dKH 11

pH 8.2

Ca 430

SG 1.022

BTW, today I turn the prata 180 deg so the problem are is behind in the photo.

does it happen on these area?

if yes, then not to worry. it will heal pretty fast

post-70-1186245873.jpg

• SRC Member

the skel r exposed for to long n algae already form in tt area of the exposed skel which is not good coz the longer it get expose it will turn black n the prata will not

bloom to d fullest to the affected area.

u must give it a small cut prawn to make it healthy n enuf for its diet. one more thing if u notice the centre of the prata sinks a normal healthy one will not.

ur water looks ok.

• 3 weeks later...
tEc,Aug 5 2007, 12:44 AM]

does it happen on these area?

if yes, then not to worry. it will heal pretty fast

Strange, my red prata color is bleached even further after I am back from my 8 days trip but it still likes to eat small market cut prawn. When I was away I only left the LED moonlight on and main light always off, but I left the window open for sunshine. I really don't know what is the cause since I don't use Mh for lighting.