6FTS FOWLR DREAMLINER

MAG

• SRC Member

Washing the sand is really no joke. How i wish got maid to do the washing for me.

Live rocks will come in late stage too.

View from tv area.

post-34-1186194837.jpg

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Noticed there lots of bubbles from the return pipe of skimmer. Izit normal and izit ok?

Was told bcos tank havent fully started cycling and skimmer havent fully kick in yet.

The big empty space in the middle of sump is for isolation of fishes or maybe refugium. But since no chiller and temp can be quite high mite kiv refugium idea 1st and use it for isolation of fishes.

post-34-1186195838.jpg

• SRC Member

ok got to stop for awhile for lunch break.

Reason why i posted as many pic as i can is when during the planning stage i went thru lots of members tread. I truly enjoy those with lots of pic for more ideas.

Pls do commet on how i can improve my system.

thx

• SRC Member

hi godzillaliu88.

already amended that issue. in fact i already added my 1nd uv-jebo(fr previous tank)

so now hv 2 36w uv-i super kiasu.

post-34-1186277835.jpg

• SRC Member

my last compt where all pumps are placed. noticed the bubbles from skimmer pretty strong. shall wait for awhile so that skimmer starts to kick in than monitor the outlet.

post-34-1186278012.jpg

• SRC Member

Wow.... GREAT tank setup! Btw, with such great setup, why not get the aquatronica controller to manage your system? It will be easier to manage your tank with the controller as it provide expandability and the power bar is better then using those normal 6 point plug!

Juz my 2 cents! ;)

• SRC Member

Bro MAG, I'm not sure if it is recommended to put powerstrip at the hood to connect the lightings. IMHO, i recommend the cables to run somewhere the salt content will not get into the plug.

As you know the evaporation and the hood, bracing of the tank always have collection of salt content, i'm just afraid that the power strip might not be able to last long enough as the contact points and cables inside are copper. Also you might want to ask the hinges are stainless steel. For the hydrolic arm, it will tend to rust and in time it need to get replace. That what i experience time to time.

I'm getting my tank fix first then will also start posting the doing up process. Also asking my contractors to do up all the stainless steel hinges.

Lets meet up sometime and discuss more... i've got my aquatronica and can't wait to get it fix in the new tank.

1154750779_a95e183733_o.gif

--Tank--

3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft - 12mm(Main) Ñ„ 3ft x 2ft x 2ft - 8mm (Sump)

--Equipments--

Chiller - 3/4hp Pacific Coo Ñ„ FR - Resun FR Ñ„ Skimmer - ATI Bubble Master 250 - Reef Maniac 30" Beckeet Ñ„ Filter - Schuran Trickle filter Ñ„ Controllers - Aquatronica Advance Controller System

--Pumps--

Return Pump - Rio 24 HF Ñ„ Beckeet Pump - Resun MD55 Ñ„ Equipment Pump - Aquabee 3000 Ñ„ Wavemaker - Tunze 6060, 2 x Seio 1500