setting up of nano reef..help needed!

jOwy

hi guys. im new to this hobby and currently thinking of setting up another 2ft tank in my room. was juz wondering, should i get one with a sump built inside the tank or a external canister filter is good enuff?

my livestocks wud be limited...juz a couple of clownfishes thats all. but wud be keeping corals such as leather, bubble, sun etc

i hav a 2ft tank currently. it has a sump built behind the tank. one thing i dun like is that it makes the tank abit unslightly with the sump part painted blue and the sump makes the tank much narrower in terms of the width.

so im juz wondering will an external filter be good enuff for a nano reef tank. also, is there ani small external sump available for a 2ft tank? most sumps i see that is being sold is at least 2 ft.

• SRC Member
hi guys. im new to this hobby and currently thinking of setting up another 2ft tank in my room. was juz wondering, should i get one with a sump built inside the tank or a external canister filter is good enuff?

my livestocks wud be limited...juz a couple of clownfishes thats all. but wud be keeping corals such as leather, bubble, sun etc

i hav a 2ft tank currently. it has a sump built behind the tank. one thing i dun like is that it makes the tank abit unslightly with the sump part painted blue and the sump makes the tank much narrower in terms of the width.

so im juz wondering will an external filter be good enuff for a nano reef tank. also, is there ani small external sump available for a 2ft tank? most sumps i see that is being sold is at least 2 ft.

I think yr tank is so call IOS type, is good because u can change the filter wool anytime without disturbing the media....

wat does IOS stands for?

hmm ani advices to setting up a 2ft nano tank? i was tinking of using surface skimmer and FR. but surface skimmer is rather pricey. hmm. i saw sum tanks using juz a hanging filter. wud that be enuff??

Get red sea max, promotion in Aquamarin. I am regretting because with their promo price I will not go for JBJ Nano Cube. Now ichi to upgrade everytime I see the RSM.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

haha i dun tink i can afford a redseamax. haha juz a poor NSF here. lolx. hmm. so its ok if i use a hanging filter but just do frequent water changes? so i guess a canister filter is ok?

ani1 noes how much ist to custom make a small sump tank? prob 1ft.

• 2 weeks later...