Setting a Crab Trap

scanman

• SRC Member

Wow.. that's like a super great idea, man!!

Top quality live rocks usually come with these pests and unless the stress during cycling is so bad it kills them, they'll live on and screw up the tank a little..

I think the brands bottle method can only work properly if the tank has little or no inhabitants yet.. or else the other animals would probably steal the piece of meat first..

You know, I think this new concept can actually be made into a product!! Market it to the LFS and advertise it in Singapore by posters and paper ads.. We could make some money!!

If anyone of you here wanna do it.. Do remember me.. hehehe :fear:

Hi,

I'm new in this hobby and thinking of setting up a tank in maybe 2yrs time, currently still gathering information. :heh: After reading this thread, I found out that the shrimps and the crabs are pest for the tank. Is there any others way then trapping them? Is it when your tank mature those pest will started to grow in the tank? :unsure:

Regarding the trapping of crabs is another thing that I have learn in this forum. Thanks Bros.

I have think of a way how to trap those shrimps but dont know will it works or not. First, you get a empty glass bottle without the cap and wash it clean. Then get a fishing net which is half the length of the size of the bottle, cut it out and at the center of the net cut out a small hole. Push the net (small hole) into the bottle with a pen until the big end of the net near the mouth of the bottle then secure it with cable tie. :yeah: That's it but I dont know if this going to work but maybe you guys can go and try it out. :P

So far I have managed to catch 10 crabs (2L, 5M, 3S) :evil::evil::evil: . Saw the bristle worm going in halfway and backing out. So far no luck catching it. Am also trying to catch the pistol shrimp as I suspect it could be causing the deaths of the blood and cleaner shrimp. :angry:

do you guys leave the trap overnight? wun there be a nitrite increase? :shock:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif