Spawning

jasongo11

Please help to ID the spawing in my nano tank. This happened twice recently and i dunno whats causing it.

It seems to be like a bag of eggs. Many many small white particles floating together. There are only 2 clown fishes, 1 damsel, 1 boxer, 1 fireshrimp, 1 pistol shrimp, 2 snails in my tank.

post-7-1188202568.jpg

• SRC Member

looks very interesting.... that does not seems like the clown fish egg....

ur oversize pic reveals lots of tiny bb worm look alike..... You may want to investigate further from there.... BTW, do your fish eat them?

PS: Or the "lines" are actually the carmera exposure thingy?

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

If that's the case, whatever it is, you have no worries 'cos there is something to balance the situation.... Hm... wonder what kind of worms is that. Able to take a amplified pic of 1 worm? Maybe with that more people can contribute.....

I've have seen my banded shrimp release shrimp fry before.... and looking at the 'burst' coming out from it.... looks like it!

Can you siphon out/stop water circulation to see if the tiny dots are shrimp-like in shape/movement? That is, before the fish finish eating them!

• SRC Member

Uh? all shrimp are single.... like that also can? :shock: somemore from pic, did not reveal any syptom. I think the pic likely captured when the greedy boxer stay there for a feast..... But, I do not rule out the possibility 'cos afterall we did not see the real thing apart from a few pics.....

• SRC Member

lol lol lol.

I still think its the snails.

Highly unlikely 'cos snail eggs do not "spray" like that. They will lay the egg on rocks and corals..... since we don't see any corals and all shrimps are single, I suspect it's some kind of worms spawing thing. Whether it's good or bad worms, we do not know.....

• SRC Member

Highly unlikely 'cos snail eggs do not "spray" like that. They will lay the egg on rocks and corals..... since we don't see any corals and all shrimps are single, I suspect it's some kind of worms spawing thing. Whether it's good or bad worms, we do not know.....

BB worm spawn.

Jason, u are doom, haha.

Nxt time take live rocks frm me lah.

Time to introduce, B worm killer....

• SRC Member

BB worm spawn.

Jason, u are doom, haha.

Nxt time take live rocks frm me lah.

Time to introduce, B worm killer....

It could be beneficial worm.... and ur solution is just kill kill kill... :erm:

hmm... i have removed the substance from my tank already...

dunno what is producing this substance, however, the amount produced is way too much to be produced by any of the livestock... (by volume comparision)

this is the 2nd time that i see this substance, i suspect it might be something within my live rocks that is able to produce such huge amount of jelly like substance. i do not have any corals btw...

anyway i will keep a close watch on my tank to find out the mystery...

thx