strange behavior of my prata..

sky

• SRC Member

came home today and realised my prata shrink till very small.. turn on the main light and it become worst.. but a little bit better when i turn on my midnight blue LED.. anyone experience this bofore? tried a few times on and off the main light but still the same.. pls advice.. :(:(:(

• SRC Member

When any of the corals in tank exhbit abnormal behaviour, I will either bring out all test kit to measure the parameters and do the rectification or a partial water change ASAP. Next, is to look out for any pests around the corals especially the bottom..... My 2 cents....

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

Hi sky,

How's thing? Am wondering do u dose iodine supplement on a regular base? If so, it may be the dose too high liao.....

• SRC Member

My 4 pratas displayed the same thing b4 they all go bye bye one by one...

two of which ive kept for almost 2 yrs. They start by shrinking, then receeding one side... then the whole coral flesh is just reduced to the central mouth disc. No expansion of the 'mantle'. After that just die off...

Change of water ditto, tests ditto... nothing seemed to be wrong.

Then start to be suspicous of my Yellow tang.... <_< Its not uncommon for normally peaceful fishes to suddenly turn their attention to corals... Esp under fed greedy S.O.B.s like tangs.

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member

two of which ive kept for almost 2 yrs. They start by shrinking, then receeding one side... then the whole coral flesh is just reduced to the central mouth disc. No expansion of the 'mantle'. After that just die off...

Then start to be suspicous of my Yellow tang....  <_< Its not uncommon for normally peaceful fishes to suddenly turn their attention to corals... Esp under fed greedy S.O.B.s like tangs.

hm... for this, I will ask myself these...

While tangs are underfed, what about the prata?

Before the prata start shrinking, is there things I should do but have not?

• SRC Member

Then start to be suspicous of my Yellow tang....  <_< Its not uncommon for normally peaceful fishes to suddenly turn their attention to corals... Esp under fed greedy S.O.B.s like tangs.

did u actually see tt the yellow tang doing tt to ur prata ?

it happened to me quite sometime ago tt my fully fed pui pui blue tang suddenly

start pecking on my coral n it doesn't necessarily got to b under fed fish.

its juz sudden change of behaviour tt we can't really tell but only they know.

it was once raised by someone tt did u ever see a sea cucumber on a rock in the sea but on the sea bed. n y r we seeing in our tank they can b on the rock, or glass or even at or in our overflow box. wen i went snorkling every year in june true enuf tt i can't hardly see any of them on d rock except on the sea bed

strange isn't it? :)

• SRC Member
it was once raised by someone tt did u ever see a sea cucumber on a rock in the sea but on the sea bed. n y r we seeing in our tank they can b on the rock, or glass or even at or in our overflow box. wen i went snorkling every year in june true enuf tt i can't hardly see any of them on d rock except on the sea bed

strange isn't it? 

Food.

• SRC Member

NO I BOUBT SO :lol: THERES PLENTY ON THE TANK SAND BED. :P

if I'm not wrong, cucumber has no eyes.... Its just feel its way round the tank and compare the sand bed in your tank and nature..... you can't be expecting the cucumber to know where else on sand bed....