Need advice for chiller

tjchan

Hi guys and gals,

I've gotten a 2nd hand resun CL280 chiller recently. Hooked it up over the weekend to my 2'x1.5'x1.5' tank and currently running it with a Hydor Pico 1000 (980 lph, 0.6m). Total tubing length to and fro the chiller is around 1m so I figured the flow should have dropped to maybe 600lph by the time it comes through the chiller.

Problem now is that my chiller kicks in very often about once every 10min but runs for about 3-5min and cuts off. I've set the chiller at 26 and it cuts offat 28 deg. But according to an external thermometer that I've got hooked to my tank, the actual temp only varies from 27-27.8 deg. So should I run a stronger pump? And if so, would a eheim compact 1002 (1000 lph, 1.6m) be enough or should i run an even stronger pump? I'm running the pump in-tank so would prefer one with a smaller footprint.

THANKS!!!

further information on my tank.

Previously air-cooled using fan was 28.5-28.9 deg

Pumps in tank includes:

1 x tunze nano 6025

1 x hydor kor 2

1 x eheim canister 2215 to FR

1 x Hydor Pico 1000 (chiller pump)

Lights are 2 x 24W T5HO.

• SRC Member

LOL, people are bored to reply mah. These people are too tired already.

Your problem because a built-in temperature sensor in your chiller. This is a normal problem for most chillers and reefers. What you should do is to install a temperature sensor outside your chiller. That will really help your chiller to know what is the actual temperature.

If you want, I have an extra new sensor. I can teach you how to install. just pm me.