My young tank (2 weeks old)

odi

• SRC Member

Yeah Reddevils, I spent a hell lot of effort and time on this setup. Not to mention the amount of money I spent!!!! I started everything from scratch.

To reduce the splashes, I placed a plastic hose at the PVC, fixed pieces of styrofoam around and under the sump tank and also placed a piece of cloth under the sump tank.

• SRC Member

I dun really feel like going to the details how much I spent cos it sort of makes me sad of but I guess from the items listed u guys can estimate. Started from scratch, totally nothing at all. The cabinet got 2nd hand and the tank custom made. Definately spent $1k+. Have not reached $2k yet. Thinking of changing to MH, then maybe will reach $2k liao.

• SRC Member

Thinking of the money gone does make me a bit sad but looking at my tank cheers me up. Although it is not as nice as most of the tanks owned by reefers here.

Still considering MH. Not sure if it would be suitable cos of my wooden hood. I like the shimmering effect that MH can give.

• SRC Member

$2k..? wat u spent on..? DT 100ml each day..? hmm. tat's alot for a 2ft tank..!

err....a 2ft cube tank from the Aq**Te****...can be more than 3k ....so 2k not surprsie wat....

but probably got kanna chop carrot already. :blink:

But is he got a chiller, MH, iwaki pump, etc...then 2K not much lor... :whistle

• SRC Member

$2k..? wat u spent on..? DT 100ml each day..? hmm. tat's alot for a 2ft tank..!

Nope.

Asked a LFS to do the initial setup for me because I thought it would be extremely difficult to do so after reading some books.

Costed me $1250 just for tank, filter, UV sterlizer, lights, LR, some corals etc.

Spent another $400 on test kit, supplements, salts, skimmer, etc.

Spent another few hundred are LS.

• SRC Member

err....a 2ft cube tank from the Aq**Te****...can be more than 3k ....so 2k not surprsie wat....

but probably got kanna chop carrot already. :blink:

But is he got a chiller, MH, iwaki pump, etc...then 2K not much lor... :whistle

Bingo!! You can said that again. I dont have a chiller and my tank just cost $300+.

If I have known about this forum before setting up my tank, I think I could have setup at least a 3 ft tank with $1250.

:cry2::cry2: