Where to buy audio optical switch?

Cedric

• SRC Member

Hi everyone, need help!

My home theatre system has only one audio optical cable in. However, I have three devices which I need to connect it to. DOes anyone know where I can get a audio optical switch in Singapore?

Thanks!

Comments are welcome!

Hi there bro,

I strongly suggest you might want to switch to coaxial for a better sound detail and better enhancement....If possible try to get the QED P75 which highly recommended by the Whats HI-FI and home theather magazine review with a flying flagship....Price bout $70 below.......Currently I'm hooking it with my Denon A11SR Amplifier....Just my 2 cents. :peace:;)

Can I ask why is coaxial better than optical?

Coaxial= Sounds analog

Optical = Sounds digital... ;)

Simple...Just compare by listening thru CD which sound digital...If you like that

then you're a digital person i guess..As for the turn table such as records black top, Is an analog sounds...Well, You can always try both cable to suit your preference... ;)

• SRC Member

Hi sky107line and barnacle, thanks for all the advice. As for the QED P75, I'm not looking a cable right now, just looking for an optical switch.

I've tried comparing the sound from an optical cable versus the coaxial cable. I think I prefer the digital sound ;) .

I tried searching the entire Delphi building but not a single shop carries a optical switch although they all seem to know what I am talking about.

Any advice where I can look next? :(

Comments are welcome!

Hi sky107line and barnacle, thanks for all the advice. As for the QED P75, I'm not looking a cable right now, just looking for an optical switch.

I've tried comparing the sound from an optical cable versus the coaxial cable. I think I prefer the digital sound ;) .

I tried searching the entire Delphi building but not a single shop carries a optical switch although they all seem to know what I am talking about.

Any advice where I can look next? :(

Err...Bro, I guess the stuff or the gadget that you're looking for sounds quite impossible to add on to ur system....Coz inorder to have so call a multiple digital input for ur source to hook onto ur system you need to have another a/v receiver to provide you another digital input inorder to drive another source.... :peace:

if u1 2 go for high end cable u can try STRAIGHT WIRE, XLO, TARA LABS ETC. :)

Wow...All those brand name sounds quite familiar ya...But the problem is not all cable can match with our system....Anyway, Bro STORMTROPPER you sounds like another Audiophile kaki...Care to share with us wat kind of HTS you're having now? Just curious...hehe.. :peace:

• SRC Member

Wow...All those brand name sounds quite familiar ya...But the problem is not all cable can match with our system....Anyway, Bro STORMTROPPER you sounds like another Audiophile kaki...Care to share with us wat kind of HTS you're having now? Just curious...hehe.. :peace:

Hello there sky107line

i'm an audiophile having a separate system for my music n HTS coz i don believed in mixing my system 2 in 1.

i listened to fusion jazz,vocal n little classical using pure class A tube intergrated amp BILLSBEARD with MULLARD TUBE.

for HTS using 2 separate power amp to drive all d spks. :peace:

Hi everyone, need help!

My home theatre system has only one audio optical cable in. However, I have three devices which I need to connect it to. DOes anyone know where I can get a audio optical switch in Singapore?

Thanks!

No optical splitter/switches available here in Singapore, had been searching upside down liao...

So get it in Akihabara Japan earlier this year when I was there, just regret it only buying one unit.

Optical wire is superior compared to coaxial as signal carrier for sound processing such as from DVD player to the amplifier, no signal loss due to analog transmission. Good cable is needed for amplifire to the speaker since this is pure analog.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

I need to clarify things before drawing flak from purist.

There are two types of recording format digital and analog. The analog league is almost obselete now but purist still like it because it gives more natural sound.

Analog players are turn table and casseette, this device without DAC straight through sound from analog media.

Digital players all kind of CD, DVD, Laserdisc, etc.... media is recorded in digital format. The quality of the sound is really depend of the DAC (digital analog converter) quality and ablility. This is termed by digital sound by purist.

• SRC Member
I need to clarify things before drawing flak from purist.

There are two types of recording format digital and analog. The analog league is almost obselete now but purist still like it because it gives more natural sound.

Analog players are turn table and casseette, this device without DAC straight through sound from analog media.

Digital players all kind of CD, DVD, Laserdisc, etc.... media is recorded in digital format. The quality of the sound is really depend of the DAC (digital analog converter) quality and ablility. This is termed by digital sound by purist.

if u like music is advisable to b listening in analog mode after all players do come in analog, digital n optical output n so on unless u have high end system tt can produce very balance digital sound than by all means.

most high end players with a on board DAC r very capable in producing vry balance digital or analog sound.if u wanna go for Transport tt means with no DAC

on board than u must use a separate DAC to convert to analog sound there quite no of vry good DAC in the market.

if u wanna have something diff 2 play with than u can get a CD TRANSPORT tt means u can have d fun of testing out d player with on board or off board DAC on a single player tt will suit u with d sound produce.

its all up to your listening pleasure 2 wat preference or rather sound u want 2 hear.

:peace:

if u like music is advisable to b listening in analog mode after all players do come in analog, digital n optical output n so on unless u have high end system tt can produce very balance digital sound than by all means.

most high end players with a on board DAC r very capable in producing vry balance digital or analog sound.if u wanna go for Transport tt means with no DAC

on board than u must use a separate DAC to convert to analog sound there quite no of vry good DAC in the market.

if u wanna have something diff 2 play with than u can get a CD TRANSPORT tt means u can have d fun of testing out d player with on board or off board DAC on a single player tt will suit u with d sound produce.

its all up to your listening pleasure 2 wat preference or rather sound u want 2 hear.

:peace:

Yup! You're right bro STORMTROPPER....Btw, As from wat I've been playing ard with all this stuff before...Well, IMPO i find that there's nothing issuperior bout cable whether they are optical or coaxial...No matter how expensive or how cheap

they are. For me as long as it match my system ard 90% BOoom!! I'm a happyman!

And as for bro thedidavid...FYI, Actually both cable are having a digita signal. I'm just giving bro Cedric a picture of sound concept on both cable were to use on the

HTS....And as for the superior wise I guess you have to look into the whole picture

first eg: Price match, Review and choice from which editor that can be trusted...lastly no point of buying expensive stuff when it doesn't meet your system requirement...Most important thing is you need to have a basic requirement like a room with a sound proofing stuff that can absorb all those sounds that travels around you and perhaps you can also prevent it travels to your neighbour next door...Coz once if the sounds can pass thru the wall...Consider it as it fail the first step. ;)

No problem...we are sharing, I am not into home system but more on car ICE and learnt some of stuffs from my installer.

Digital connection needs fiber optic to transmit signal, some Disc player has onboard DAC but some not. Reason if you have good processor than onboard DAC than it's better to use digital connection (fiber optic).

On digital connection the quality of cable will NOT affect the signal quality, monster digital cable cost 100 plus will not give better signal than nor mal 18 bucks digital cable from sim lim.

I do agree that turn table gives better sound....and for those purist high end cable quality does matter. Especially cable from amp to driver.

Hello there sky107line

i'm an audiophile having a separate system for my music n HTS coz i don believed in mixing my system 2 in 1.

i listened to fusion jazz,vocal n little classical using pure class A tube intergrated amp BILLSBEARD with MULLARD TUBE.

for HTS using 2 separate power amp to drive all d spks. :peace:

O.Kie...I can see that you're a tube listener...I guess you like those kind of sweet music sounds right? Have you ever try those stuff such as Macintos & Accuphase before? Just wanna know opinion whether you like it or not...Btw, How many impedance (ohm) speaker you're currently using & the sensitivity db....hehe...sorry to ask..

just kaypoh2 abit. :D

Oh ya...You did mentioned bout your HTS using a pre power amp to drive all ur speakers...mind telling me wat speaker you're currently using? :paiseh::peace:

• SRC Member

ohh...yes i like tube sound not only its sweet but warm sound produce its soothing.

i've not listen to macintosh so i can't really comment but for accuphase yes its definitely worth buying n to own one coz i ever listen to it b for n tt goes without saying unless u got deep pocket.

using all 8 ohm spks not less coz u need a very powerful amp 2 drive anything tt is lower than 8ohm if not its gonna sound bad n sensitivity will b 90db n above coz its easy 2 drive even with a lower wattage amp.

i'm 2 sets of spks for my music its MAGNA PLANNAR 1.5 n KLIPSCH BOTH 8ohm

sensivity for mag i got to check but for KLIPSCH is 105db coz its horn tweeter with 2 12 inch driver.

for HTS spks will b KLIPSCH , 2 sets POLK AUDIO centre spks n PARADIGM active sub woofer driven 2 sets of CARVER power amp 200watter per channel THX certified n pre amp will b Rotel THX,DOLBY DIGITAL n so on.

cable using MONSTER CABLE,STRAIGHT WIRE,TARA LABS,VAN DEN HUL,XLO. :peace:

Viewing will b on projector on 100 inch screen. :peace: