How To Destroy Once & For All

• SRC Member

i love zoos... have 5 different types in my tank now...

but i hate nudibranch... at first i juz patiently pick them off with tweezers ... but then more began to appear.. and whole rocks had to be taken out to haf nudis picked off them

i realised the nudis are here to stay... after reading reef-life's webpage i followed his technique of dipping the zoos in tap water... solved the problem for a while... and got rid lof lotsa tiny mantis shrimps and worms in the process... :D

and yet the nudis come back... today is the third time i've been dipping the zoos in tap water... feel sorry for my zoos... :(

is there a way to get rid of them once and for all? :evil::evil:

• SRC Member

pretty sure they are nudis... not the colourful types that ppl keep as pets... more the pests type...

sorry dun haf my own pics.. but they look like this.. and not to mention come in various sizes and color variations...

post-21-1068744033.jpg

• SRC Member

really now that is very conflicting...

cos some say they wipe out entire colonies... and there are definitely more than 6 in my tank... i think i killed nearly 20+ liao... for now there is peace again.. but dunno for how long

• SRC Member
pretty sure they are nudis... not the colourful types that ppl keep as pets... more the pests type...

sorry dun haf my own pics.. but they look like this.. and not to mention come in various sizes and color variations...

I have these on my zoos as well and I have done the same to remove them with a tweezer. The fresh water dip, how long do you dip the zoos each time?? would like to try...

• 7 months later...

Hmmm..I just got hold of these zoanthid eating nudis from a kind fellow reefer today. Gonna use them to wipe out rogue zoanthids on some of my rocks. Anyone wants them after I have finished with their purpose? :lol:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

I used to have nudis on my starpolyp. I figure out that their diet is actually the starpolyp as the tips are luminuous. I killed them one by one using a siphon to suck them out and be careful these creatures they proliferate really fast - not sure how --one day my star polyp was clean but another day or 2 it appeared from nowhere.. 2 to 3 more. Somehow I persisted with my methods and make sure you dont leave any bodies flying around .... now my starpolyp is blooming healthily..

• 2 weeks later...