Sick corals?

junyong84

When they start droping like flies :lol:

Why are you asking this question?

Are your corals dying?

If you are losing them then your corals are sick

If you see the flesh of the polyps start to receed from the skeleton....your corals are sick or starving

If you see brown jelly over the polyps of the corals...your corals are confirm dead, no way to save them

If your mushroom did not open up for a week then it is sick

If your mushroon start to rot....then it is dying

Most of the "sickness" is cause by poor water quality, aggression, lighting or parasites.

• SRC Member

As long as your corals don't 'open' up and flourish.. They are unhappy with the water conditions..

As far as I know.. And correct me if I'm wrong.. there's no medicine for corals.. All you can do is to improve your water conditions, Increase your lighting (might be the reason why the corals aren't opening), And perhaps add the elements that your corals are lacking (like calcium or stronium) and they should reover if they still can be saved.. Hehe..:)

I believe that coral keeping will need a balance of the right supplements. Calcium and strontium is one of the common ones.

Water parameter like KH is also important as in maintaining pH. Trace element is also important. If you do partial water cahnge like once every fornight, i believe you can go easy with the addition of supplements. If not, i will recommend adding supplements.

For coral keeping, feeding will play a big part too.

I hope this help. :peace: