Fishes Missing One After Another

nanotako

First, I had a Spotted Sweetlips. After returning from my holiday, I found the fish missing.

I thought it had died. Since there were no bones or any traces of the dead fish,

I thought the cleaner shrimps might had done a great job.

But, few days later I bought a Percula Clown and it went missing again just

like the Sweetlips. No corpse found. I want to find this silent killer!

I saw a small crab yesterday hiding under some rocks but got problem

trying to catch it because it dig into the sand bed. Is this crab a possible

killer who leave no trace behind? Any way to get rid of this crab?

• SRC Member

dun think crabs would kill fishes that are well and alive....more likely, its the fishes dying of other things and the crabs simply feed on the dead body. You might want to check out how you have set up your tank.....

btw, Sweetlip can grow to a very very huge size hor (more then 2 feet)...so you are looking at least a 5 footer tank...finally, you might want to check out its adult coloration....its looks more like something you put on the dinning table then in a display tank....:D :D :D

• SRC Member

it could be but i felt the crab must be big enough.

i use to think 1.5" teddy bear crabs are cute few years ago, when i first started this hobby, until i saw him biting/tearing the flesh off a poor damsel thats still alive! i quickly catch the crab out and it then release the damsel away. the damsel did swim around breathing hard but it didnt make it that night because it's wound is too big. sad to see him die in such a painful way. :( my bad!

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
dun think crabs would kill fishes that are well and alive....more likely, its the fishes dying of other things and the crabs simply feed on the dead body. You might want to check out how you have set up your tank.....

btw, Sweetlip can grow to a very very huge size hor (more then 2 feet)...so you are looking at least a 5 footer tank...finally, you might want to check out its adult coloration....its looks more like something you put on the dinning table then in a display tank....:D :D :D

This one when adult already can fish out of the tank and cook.

girlone.png

There is another tomato clown in the tank which is

spared from the killer.....All the fishes were very healthy.

I do not think the fishes died of natural causes because other

fishes are doing fine. There has to be serial killer doing this!

yeah...if the crab is big enough, I will invite you fellas over....