Crystal Pro 3-stages

DrJekyl_MrHyde

• SRC Member
Can someone PM me where to get the above item at the best "competitive" price? :D :D

Thanks in advance.

So a standard set contains 1 x carbon, 2 x micron?

Standard set comes with 1 x 5 micron carbon and 2 x standard resin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi I am new here and my first post here.Greeting all Reefers

I wondering,how often you all changes yours resins.I think I am a heavy user cos my resin last the most 2 month before my TDS meter read the same as the tap water which is 66 plus.

The carbon filter stated its last 6 months..does its really last 6 months?

I change 1 full 3 feets tank water or more water every week.

Anyone can advise...I am thinking of saving on the carbon filter since resin last 2 month the most. :thanks:

• 5 months later...

I have been using crystal pro (single canister); it has worked fine for me. solved my algae problem i had a few months back good and proper. cheap as well. the TDS meter that came with it reads at around '66' for tap water and around '1' for the water that my DI unit produces; in my point of view, there is no need to buy the 3 canister one unless you want to run the water through like crazy. If you are on a budget, there is no need for activated carbon and RO as well (the 2 extra canisters); what you really want is a deioniser that removes phosphate, nitrate and sillicate ions that cause algae bloom in your tank. My 3 cents worth. My only qualm is that the canister will most likely crack in you drop it. Its acrylic.