A new beginning

wilsontantw

Looks like a montipora danae to me. If I'm not mistaken, it is nicked as "pokerstar monti". Encrusting in nature so give it space.

And nice catch you have there.

thanks Joe, apparently this piece was from iwarna (not the latest shipment actually - left over, and on sale in one of the show tanks).

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Did a parameter testing, realised calcium and mag level are too low.

Ca:400

Mg:900

kh: not measured, lost the salifert instructions!!! Anyone knows where I print one?

Po4: 0.25

no3: no measured, no test kit.

installed biopellets.

another test about 1 week + after using biopellets.

Ca: 400 (no change) - dose one round of calcium, kinda figured the Calcium consumption already.

Mg: 900 (no change) - apparently Mg consumption in my tank is very high!

kh: not measured.

Po4: 0.03 (dropped tremendously!)

no3: no measured.

approx 1 week into using biopellets.

Note: Removal of Sorb4 + Carbon was done on the same day Biopellets were introduced... Bad move!

It caused some strange reaction in the tank, as some LPS were apparently affected. Whole rock of blue xenia disintegrated.

Guess must give Biopellets some time to 'kick-in'. Fortunately no major damages.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

bro... i can help u take care of ur superman if you want... haha... the pokestar polyps are opening up so much that it's covering up the blue lines now. haha.

thanks for the offer bro... gonna fix up the chiller soon so no need to trouble you ha.

do update when your lps are happier... maybe thats the only side effect of the biopellets.. looks like it is doing its main job well.

do try to measure your kH... looking at your calcium and mag levels your kH should be pretty high

po4: 0.03 is very bad news... because this marks a start to your sps addiction!

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

thanks for the offer bro... gonna fix up the chiller soon so no need to trouble you ha.

do update when your lps are happier... maybe thats the only side effect of the biopellets.. looks like it is doing its main job well.

do try to measure your kH... looking at your calcium and mag levels your kH should be pretty high

I am betting that his dKH is either 6 or 7 :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

hahahaha

Any others?? I'm taking "orders".

Jacky: last measured was 9.6 hor.

hoping for miracle lor.... 7 +++

hehe

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

Any others?? I'm taking "orders".

Jacky: last measured was 9.6 hor.

how to read from the 1ml tube? after change colour to orange/pink, look at the lower black from the drip part? holding the drip south while pressing head on north.

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

I don't think there'll be any major change. Will be home soon, results will be out in 30mins.

*** drum roll........

the answer is out.

:(

i am wrong... we have a new winner...

Mossrope this time! KH swing way up to 12dKH! amazing... not sure if its becoz i added 3 drops instead of 2...

but i'm still wondering, is there something missing from my test kit...

will take a picture of post the 2 bottles later.

gotta go pick up some SPS from the rocks... some stooopig fish (or inverts) swipe 2 SPS that fell from the rocks... boring.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

calcium mag and kh is a theory.. its not why it will be like this or that nor is it a bet on that figure.

and this theory is very important for sps keepers.

low cal and mag usually results in high kH not quite that but its the dosing being precipitated.

which should be why your mag and cal was not going over the sky even with your regular dosing nowadays.

it would be good to restore lower kH as thats a little too high for sps which usually results in STN, bleaching from base too(think mines going up too)

changing water is the best way to reduce kH for you as for now i think.

but then again there are many variations to this.. so yeah.. maybe his kH tester was wrong?

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

how to read from the 1ml tube? after change colour to orange/pink, look at the lower black from the drip part? holding the drip south while pressing head on north.

justin, invert the tube. i.e. with the syringe outlet (the hole) pointing to the sky.

look at the reading at the highest level of the black portion.

u also salifert user?? can see if my test kit is same as urs? (in my earlier post)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Thanks but sump no space for CR le......

yes, u r next! in fact, i think the radioactive is doing quite well in ur tank right?? and the monti scroll too.

and CR?? dun need lah, coraline algae growing so well in ur tank. hahaha.

besides, who needs to put the CR inside the cabinet when u have the entire balcony to play with??

:eyebrow:

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

yes, u r next! in fact, i think the radioactive is doing quite well in ur tank right?? and the monti scroll too.

and CR?? dun need lah, coraline algae growing so well in ur tank. hahaha.

besides, who needs to put the CR inside the cabinet when u have the entire balcony to play with??

:eyebrow:

Er...yea small frag ma.....monti scroll threw it out as it was slowly bleaching don't know why. So now clowns are like lost child no home.

Oh any reefers out there has a tile cutter? need to give my clowns a home

• SRC Member

justin, invert the tube. i.e. with the syringe outlet (the hole) pointing to the sky.

look at the reading at the highest level of the black portion.

u also salifert user?? can see if my test kit is same as urs? (in my earlier post)

questions: 1) what is the Alkalinity check solution for? 2)why your KH bottle is in orangy pink color? Mine is white color.

you miss out another bottle which is called KH-Ind :)

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

questions: 1) what is the Alkalinity check solution for? 2)why your KH bottle is in orangy pink color? Mine is white color.

you miss out another bottle which is called KH-Ind :)

i so knew that something is missing! i guess my KH reading is now officially out of whack.

haha... i've got no clue what the check solution... the KH bottle, isn't it orange/red?? strange man...

i guess, now i've gotta go buy another set of test kit... boring!

hey, will u be going to petmart during ur garden leave?? i heard they selling a lot cheaper...

:)

i can only go over the weekend man.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Er...yea small frag ma.....monti scroll threw it out as it was slowly bleaching don't know why. So now clowns are like lost child no home.

Oh any reefers out there has a tile cutter? need to give my clowns a home

met ray for lunch earlier, he also suggested for me to rescape the tank... i guess that's probably what i'll do soon. already have some idea what to do.

do u really need tiles for the clowns?? hahah... anemone no good??

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|