cheaper livestock source?? LFS or farm??

• SRC Member

hi guys.... after petronising a few marine LFS.... found that their price is almost the same..... for those who have been to those fish/coral farm, may i ask.... it is cheaper there??? or just the matter of more variety in the lifestock.... also, can recomend any coral/fish farm that is located near to Yishun?? thank's in advance....

• SRC Member
try New Trio at Lot 110 Neo Tiew Crescent (near Sungai Buloh Nature Reserve, Kranji).

Friendly people, good variety (mainly from hawaii or philipines). Price reasonable.

how can I go there? (what bus can i take?)

ps: harlequin, do selestar farmway sells coral?? may i know what bus can i reach?

• SRC Member

tigershark,

I dun fink u wanna take bus 2 Neo Tiew Crescent... It's goin' 2 be one hell of a ride! There's no bus there I believe... Hope tis helps in ur decision in where to go hunt for LR. :) Btw, do us a favour? ;) Report back the price can? I believe if it's gd sure got bros wanna go and buy one... :D

• SRC Member
tigershark,

I dun fink u wanna take bus 2 Neo Tiew Crescent... It's goin' 2 be one hell of a ride! There's no bus there I believe... Hope tis helps in ur decision in where to go hunt for LR. :) Btw, do us a favour? ;) Report back the price can? I believe if it's gd sure got bros wanna go and buy one... :D

LR???? i'm not getting LR lah.... wanna get some softies only.... btw, how about selestar farmway?? do they sell softies and how to go there??

• SRC Member

Tigershark,

They don't have LRs there. Out of stock like everywhere else. Use this direction to get to New Trio Fisheries.

As for transport, SBS 175 (from Boon Lay MRT), TIBS 925 (from Woodlands MRT), drops you at Lim Chu Kang Rd/ Neo Tiew Road junction & Sungei Buloh Nature Park respectively.

Alternatively, hitch a cab at Kranji MRT, tell the cab driver to turn right into Kranji Road, then left when you reach the end of Kranji Road. Hit straight for 10 min

New Fisheries is on the first right after the Reservoir. Its called Neo Tiew Crescent. You'll see a yellow and black "Marine Fish -->" sign at the head of the road.

Have fun and dun get lost! :wacko:

• SRC Member
LR???? i'm not getting LR lah.... wanna get some softies only.... btw, how about selestar farmway?? do they sell softies and how to go there??

tigershark,

yes, seletar do sell softies.. but u need to find out when the shipment is.. the last time i went down, on friday or thursday, hardly any corals left..

to get there,

take 86 from ang mo kio, alight at the halfway house (gracehaven i think) and walked towards your right (facing the halfway house) after alighting, see the road sign; seletar farmway 1; turn in.. and walk all the way.. u should pass a junction with a building with a seahorse logo.. continue the journey till u see a signboard saying: marine fishes and corals, on your left.. the place should be 95 seletar farmway 1

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.