Power trip.. wat happen??

^GeNoME^

as above.. yesterday 1 of the plug of my ATI powermodul controlling my 4 light tubes caused a powertrip and subsequent powering on resulted in the same thing.. wat happen? device faulty? the other plug controlling 2 of the other tubes still operate as per normal.. how do i resolve the problem? change the fuse in the plug? but those plug are those german plug... pls help.. i am a total electrical noob~

as above.. yesterday 1 of the plug of my ATI powermodul controlling my 4 light tubes caused a powertrip and subsequent powering on resulted in the same thing.. wat happen? device faulty? the other plug controlling 2 of the other tubes still operate as per normal.. how do i resolve the problem? change the fuse in the plug? but those plug are those german plug... pls help.. i am a total electrical noob~

some background info.. i connect the plug to a digital timer which can control 3 outlets.. after i discovered which plug (the 1 controlling 4 tubes) was causing the problem.. i took it out and place the other plug (controlling 2 tubes) into the same outlet and it works fine.. so i guess the digital timer is working fine.. wat could have happened?

• SRC Member

i kanna before becuase water was splashed into the set. Change to new tubes and it work....seems that i was lucky enugh that it did not damage my light set but only the end-tubes...

you might want to test it out by swapping the 2 tube with old used tubes that were working and see if it is the tube causing the trips....

i kanna before becuase water was splashed into the set. Change to new tubes and it work....seems that i was lucky enugh that it did not damage my light set but only the end-tubes...

you might want to test it out by swapping the 2 tube with old used tubes that were working and see if it is the tube causing the trips....

erm.. will try to change the tube.. hopefully everything will work out.. but the bulb is the cause of the short circuit? burned?

• Sponsor
erm.. will try to change the tube.. hopefully everything will work out.. but the bulb is the cause of the short circuit? burned?

check the end of the tubes (pin) if there are water? if the tubes are ok, than it maybe exposed wires that is in contact with the fixture.