HI PLEASE HELP

Hi HDB just alerted us that there will be a cut in electricity for about 2 hours monday afternoon. I have 2 seahorses, some clown and one yellow tang in my 4 ft tank. How long can my fishes and seahorses sustain w/o power? also, any backup alternative?? Hope you guys can shed some advice ;p

• Sponsor
Hi HDB just alerted us that there will be a cut in electricity for about 2 hours monday afternoon. I have 2 seahorses, some clown and one yellow tang in my 4 ft tank. How long can my fishes and seahorses sustain w/o power? also, any backup alternative?? Hope you guys can shed some advice ;p

2 hours power disruption can be easily resolved by dropping in an airline or two powered by a battery operated pump.

You only need to have someone around to put it in when the power go off :)

SIGNATURE-Asta120SpirulinaGarlicReefMedi

Join us on Facebook! 

henry'sreefgourmet - your fish, corals and critters will love it!

Goodbye!PO4 - your simple, highly effective and low cost method to phosphate control

354 Clementi Avenue 2
#01-203
Singapore 120354

Tel : 6777 4047
Mobile : 9843 6032

Operating Hours:
Mondays : 3pm - 8pm
Tues - Sat : 12.30pm - 8pm

Sundays : Closed

Closed on the following Public Holidays : New Year, CNY, Labour Day, National Day & Christmas

• SRC Member

i had that power-cut too, i think what's important is making sure ur return pump doesn't do a "back-flow", which means back flowing ur tank water back to the sump tank thru ur return pipe..

u might end up with a overflowing sump, or a half full main tank depending on the level of ur return pipe.. need to take preventive measures like "hole at the return pipe" or the valve method..

hope that adds my 2 cents.. :)