Mixing angel fish

Hi, i would like to have 3 to 4 angel fish in my 200gal tank, my wish list is any of the following:

1. Koran

2. Emporer

3. Asfur

4. Majestic

5. Queen

I currently have a 2 inch juvenile Koran, which from the list above you guys think would be the best mix aggresion wise? And is Asfur angel more expensive than Queen angel? Thanks!

• SRC Member
Hi, i would like to have 3 to 4 angel fish in my 200gal tank, my wish list is any of the following:

1. Koran

2. Emporer

3. Asfur

4. Majestic

5. Queen

I currently have a 2 inch juvenile Koran, which from the list above you guys think would be the best mix aggresion wise? And is Asfur angel more expensive than Queen angel? Thanks!

I think its not easy to determine aggression as it will depend of luck and the endurance of the new angel you will be adding in. I have the following large angels currently in my 3.5ft tank:

1. Earspot 4"

2. Queen 5"

3. Blue face 3.5"

4. Goldflake 5"

5. Griffin 5.5"

My earspot is the oldest, then I added Blue face, then Queen and lastly Goldfalke & Griffin together. So far only notice aggression on first few days. If your new angel can endure the initial "attack" which is inevitable, it will be ok.

For the same size Asfur and Queen, I believe Queen is more expensive. But I do understand now that the Redsea Asfur seem to find it difficult to come to Spore, so price may be different now as you don't see it so frequently now.

:thanks:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

I have these angel in this order:

1) Cream Angel (18-mth)

2) French Angel (15-mth)

3) Blueface Angel (14-mth)

4) BlueLip Angel (3mth)

4) Asfur Angel (2-mth)

5) Passer Angel (3-days)

And, other pygmy angel (ard 5)

my next target will a Queen.

Thanks for the replies, may i ask how you guys deal with the aggression? I plan to setup a quarantine tank with proper filtration for all incoming fish, i wonder if in the case of the fish got ich and i need to put copper, will the copper affect the biology filter?

• SRC Member
Thanks for the replies, may i ask how you guys deal with the aggression? I plan to setup a quarantine tank with proper filtration for all incoming fish, i wonder if in the case of the fish got ich and i need to put copper, will the copper affect the biology filter?

After "dealing" with aggression...I feel that tall and heavy rock-work able to block their chance of seeing each other too frequent.

As to Ich.. I use PolyLab's MEDIC..it is good and can work with Skimmerv running.. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Hi, a word of advise, dont ever add copper to your main tank unless you are planning to keep a FOWLR forever. This is because copper will remain on your rocks and gravel and even if 5 years down the road you add 1 coral they will not survive as copper is very toxic to invertebrates . Plus, some marine fishes do not react too well to copper as well. Pls use other methods of ich/velvet control. Copper is best usd in a quarantine tanks.

• SRC Member
Bro Earth,

You seems to have a lot of angel in your 3.5ft tank! Thought that is too much to handle for a tank your size? I heard alot of comment on blue face is very aggresive, how's your doing? How long have you keep the angels?

I think of all the angels, the queen is the most aggressive, followed by the earspot and blueface. But i notice they don't attack the newer griffin and goldflake as they may be bigger than all the rest.

As for how long i have kept them, it ranges from 1 month to as long as more than 1 year. I initially had more angels but due to a power failure when i was overseas, almost all were wiped out except the earspot. I guess i will stop adding large angels for now as I believe new additions will not be spared by the current batch of "bullies"

I think it will be good if you could add two large angels at one go so as to divert aggession from the existing angels. And imo, it is always good to buy those which are already feeding for higher chances of survival.

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

Hi, a word of advise, dont ever add copper to your main tank unless you are planning to keep a FOWLR forever. This is because copper will remain on your rocks and gravel and even if 5 years down the road you add 1 coral they will not survive as copper is very toxic to invertebrates . Plus, some marine fishes do not react too well to copper as well. Pls use other methods of ich/velvet control. Copper is best usd in a quarantine tanks.

I was refering to the QT on copper application... Anyway will copper damage my biology filter?

Nothing is certain and nothing can be taken for granted. You can introduce a few with apparently not much aggression and suddenly a seemingly docile angel can react violently to one particular angel. Rockwork may save it from being killed, but if the aggression is unrelenting, this will stressed the new angel and in time, it may succumb to parasites/diseases. Introducing increasingly bigger fishes may deter potential bullies and certainly bigger tanks of at least 7 feet would be good.

That said, you can certainly succeed with a few large angels in the same tank. I have done it and was beginning to think that aggression was an overexaggeration until I added an emperor to which my blueface immediately attacked and this carried on for weeks until it died. The blueface was previously almost nonchalant when 4 other species of Angels were introduced into the tank(at different times). It also cohabited peacefully with an Emperor which had been with me for over 3 years, and which had died earlier from an infection.

So as you can see, it has more to do with luck and the particular specimen you have. Everything else is no guarantee.