With regards to lobster. Help required...

L0rdDracula

• SRC Member

Hi to everyone out there,

I am new to marine life and was wondering if there is anyone who can help in my question. I have this lobster that i brought on 10 june as the supplier have told me that it's fish and reef friendly as it only eat unwanted fish food. It was quite to my liking until it eaten up my pipe fish when it's resting three days later... I will attached a pic. of the lobster so anyone who have answer for me that if it's reef and fish friendly please kindly tell me the answer as I am afraid it might wack some havoc like eating some of my fishes if the supplier is wrong about it...

Thanks alot...

Hi to everyone out there,

I am new to marine life and was wondering if there is anyone who can help in my question. I have this lobster that i brought on 10 june as the supplier have told me that it's fish and reef friendly as it only eat unwanted fish food. It was quite to my liking until it eaten up my pipe fish when it's resting three days later... I will attached a pic. of the lobster so anyone who have answer for me that if it's reef and fish friendly please kindly tell me the answer as I am afraid it might wack some havoc like eating some of my fishes if the supplier is wrong about it...

Thanks alot...

Hi, this lobster is reef safe as described by supplier. I have a tiny one in my tank as well, don't disturb any fishes/ corals.

See this link for more info.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...&pcatid=546

Cheers!

• SRC Member
Hi, this lobster is reef safe as described by supplier. I have a tiny one in my tank as well, don't disturb any fishes/ corals.

See this link for more info.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...&pcatid=546

Cheers!

Hi Drato11, Thanks for the infor but when I woke up ( at 10 am) I saw this lobster eating one of my shrimp... Was quite piss off... So is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Hope you can help give me some tips. It's appetite seems very big as i need to feed it twice per day with prawns meat and this happen after i feed it yesterday night. Is it due to the fact that all my fishes/ shrimp are small breed and easy prey for it to catch? I fear the worse cause all the creatures I keep are bottom dwellers. Hope to see your reply soon. Thanks.

Hi Drato11, Thanks for the infor but when I woke up ( at 10 am) I saw this lobster eating one of my shrimp... Was quite piss off... So is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Hope you can help give me some tips. It's appetite seems very big as i need to feed it twice per day with prawns meat and this happen after i feed it yesterday night. Is it due to the fact that all my fishes/ shrimp are small breed and easy prey for it to catch? I fear the worse cause all the creatures I keep are bottom dwellers. Hope to see your reply soon. Thanks.

Hmm... maybe u've gotten an aggressive species. Mine is very small size, the size of those cleaner shrimps. Maybe that's why it doesn't disturb anything in my tank. I have 2 fire shrimps, 10 tiny red scarlet hermit crabs, a pair of yasha gobies, red head gobies. All these bottom dwellers are not disturbed. I don't feed it specifically, just dump pellets into the tank. So far no prob.

Is yours quite big? I read that lobster usually don't prey on healthy fishes/ inverts. They'll only eat up dead or dying fishes/ inverts. Maybe I'm wrong. Observe for another day or two. If it is trying to "catch" live healthy fishes/ shrimps, then i suggest u let go of this lobster.

Cheers!

• SRC Member
Hmm... maybe u've gotten an aggressive species. Mine is very small size, the size of those cleaner shrimps. Maybe that's why it doesn't disturb anything in my tank. I have 2 fire shrimps, 10 tiny red scarlet hermit crabs, a pair of yasha gobies, red head gobies. All these bottom dwellers are not disturbed. I don't feed it specifically, just dump pellets into the tank. So far no prob.

Is yours quite big? I read that lobster usually don't prey on healthy fishes/ inverts. They'll only eat up dead or dying fishes/ inverts. Maybe I'm wrong. Observe for another day or two. If it is trying to "catch" live healthy fishes/ shrimps, then i suggest u let go of this lobster.

Cheers!

I see... The one i got is at least 7cm in length.. Maybe thats the reason it's able to prey on my fish and prawns. Thanks alot for your information. I think I will put in into my other smaller tank. ^^ really appreaciate your help.