Where to buy equipments for new marine tank ?

Yo bros, i am new here. Previously i kept marine fishes before and that was like 5 years ago. But sad to say, a lot of fish shops that i used to buy marine fishes from had closed down..

Actually i wanted to start a 1.5ft SH tank. but due to my long away period,i am at a loss now.. haha.. where should i go to buy all these stuff ? its best if the shop owner or workers are friendly. but they give attitude then sure sian 1/2.

Any advices on this ? basically i hope the shop owner can teach me everything from start. it would be best of some bros here can tag along with me.. :paiseh:

Yo yo Bro. Welcome back to this hobby. Think every shop has their own selling points and loyal customers. From my experience, friendly owners got a few and approachable one are ...Henry from ML, Iwarna, one of the worker at pet mart.....Think you must find a right time to go their shops because if they are business, they hardly have any time to chat with you. Hence, advice for setup and equipment, think it will be good to check with senior reefers here. Usually, they wont keep many equipment and they will order upon your confirmation. However, if you engage them to help you in the setup.....think many shops will be very friendly towards to visit....wahahaha

Can provide more details what you have now? full dimension of your tank - 1.5ft by how many ft(width) and how many ft(height). The filter system - sump or canister or others, intented setup - fish or with coral, lighting, skimmer, chiller, deco, etc.

Where do you stay, i wont mind tagging along as i usually go farm over the weekend.

: )

Yo bros, i am new here. Previously i kept marine fishes before and that was like 5 years ago. But sad to say, a lot of fish shops that i used to buy marine fishes from had closed down..

Actually i wanted to start a 1.5ft SH tank. but due to my long away period,i am at a loss now.. haha.. where should i go to buy all these stuff ? its best if the shop owner or workers are friendly. but they give attitude then sure sian 1/2.

Any advices on this ? basically i hope the shop owner can teach me everything from start. it would be best of some bros here can tag along with me.. :paiseh:

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Yo yo Bro. Welcome back to this hobby. Think every shop has their own selling points and loyal customers. From my experience, friendly owners got a few and approachable one are ...Henry from ML, Iwarna, one of the worker at pet mart.....Think you must find a right time to go their shops because if they are business, they hardly have any time to chat with you. Hence, advice for setup and equipment, think it will be good to check with senior reefers here. Usually, they wont keep many equipment and they will order upon your confirmation. However, if you engage them to help you in the setup.....think many shops will be very friendly towards to visit....wahahaha

Can provide more details what you have now? full dimension of your tank - 1.5ft by how many ft(width) and how many ft(height). The filter system - sump or canister or others, intented setup - fish or with coral, lighting, skimmer, chiller, deco, etc.

Where do you stay, i wont mind tagging along as i usually go farm over the weekend.

thats cool bro !!! haha,i just cant wait. i just went to aqua marin at katong area coz its near to my office area.. nice uncle over there but no SH :(

i have nothing at the moment, hope i can have great advice from you. i been to jireh yesterday and daniel told me to go for his quick start system. he said with this, no need for chiller as this is also a cooling system as well. anyway the quote i got is ard $588 with EVERYTHING. 1.5ft tank w/o stand, salt, skimmer, livestocks and seahorses. what do u think ? :eyeblur:

my ideal tank will very simple i would say,maybe just a nice live rock background, 1 or 2 hard coral, 3 seahorse and 3 clownies. thats it.. :paiseh:

err.. wat is SH huh...lol....

Don't know much abt Jireh self cooling device but have you understand how the device work and it must convince you that it will work. Then use a search to see anyone tried using it? Self-cooling....no comment ....but so far....only seen ppl using chiller, fan or rotating spray on their sump to cool the tank...

For the setup, i am not in a position to comment. However, i know few shops that sell those 1 ft nano tank setup, aqua marin also has it, think is also $588 but it should come with stand, everything except the chiller. Pasir Ris Farm got a shop selling $488 or $688(2 sizes), i cant remember.

DIY might be cheaper and also getting second-hand product. Based on your requirement, fish only, chiller is not necessary but the temperature should not exceed 30 to 31.....for sea horse, i am not sure about the requirement but you need to make sure they eat....lol.....must have a bit of current, some structure for them to hook onto, etc. Maybe you can search thr the forum, peong is one seahorse lover...hehe. For hard core, hope you are not referring to sps, etc...lol..... if yes, then you must learn from the senior liao...me keeping LPS.....

For me, i got a small quarantine tank, think is 1.5 ft by 1ft by 1ft and a prizm skimmer for $110. It comes with fan, light and a filter. So far, i only use the tank, light and skimmer. The rest, i never use but do water change on weekly basis. So far, so good and i got 2 maroon clown, 1 coral beauty, 2 damsels, 1 banded shrimp, 1 angel, 6 line wrasse and 2 gobies. Think over crowded but will be shifting my coral beauty and some other fishes to my main tank. Maybe can explore getting a cheap baoyu or jebo nano and add in the necessary.

Search the selling sector, some selling tank for only $50 or less. Look through and see anything that catches your eyes. meet up the seller and learn from their setup.

thats cool bro !!! haha,i just cant wait. i just went to aqua marin at katong area coz its near to my office area.. nice uncle over there but no SH :(

i have nothing at the moment, hope i can have great advice from you. i been to jireh yesterday and daniel told me to go for his quick start system. he said with this, no need for chiller as this is also a cooling system as well. anyway the quote i got is ard $588 with EVERYTHING. 1.5ft tank w/o stand, salt, skimmer, livestocks and seahorses. what do u think ? :eyeblur:

my ideal tank will very simple i would say,maybe just a nice live rock background, 1 or 2 hard coral, 3 seahorse and 3 clownies. thats it.. :paiseh:

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

err.. wat is SH huh...lol....

Don't know much abt Jireh self cooling device but have you understand how the device work and it must convince you that it will work. Then use a search to see anyone tried using it? Self-cooling....no comment ....but so far....only seen ppl using chiller, fan or rotating spray on their sump to cool the tank...

For the setup, i am not in a position to comment. However, i know few shops that sell those 1 ft nano tank setup, aqua marin also has it, think is also $588 but it should come with stand, everything except the chiller. Pasir Ris Farm got a shop selling $488 or $688(2 sizes), i cant remember.

DIY might be cheaper and also getting second-hand product. Based on your requirement, fish only, chiller is not necessary but the temperature should not exceed 30 to 31.....for sea horse, i am not sure about the requirement but you need to make sure they eat....lol.....must have a bit of current, some structure for them to hook onto, etc. Maybe you can search thr the forum, peong is one seahorse lover...hehe. For hard core, hope you are not referring to sps, etc...lol..... if yes, then you must learn from the senior liao...me keeping LPS.....

For me, i got a small quarantine tank, think is 1.5 ft by 1ft by 1ft and a prizm skimmer for $110. It comes with fan, light and a filter. So far, i only use the tank, light and skimmer. The rest, i never use but do water change on weekly basis. So far, so good and i got 2 maroon clown, 1 coral beauty, 2 damsels, 1 banded shrimp, 1 angel, 6 line wrasse and 2 gobies. Think over crowded but will be shifting my coral beauty and some other fishes to my main tank. Maybe can explore getting a cheap baoyu or jebo nano and add in the necessary.

Search the selling sector, some selling tank for only $50 or less. Look through and see anything that catches your eyes. meet up the seller and learn from their setup.

haha.. nice.. i wanna go to fishfarm 2moro have a look.. wanna go together ? ard 11am plus.. :eyebrow:

haha...bro, will like to but working lar........somemore me talk public one....dont want to eat fried cuttle fish...if not...really become marine fish eating fried cuttle fish....lol...

haha.. nice.. i wanna go to fishfarm 2moro have a look.. wanna go together ? ard 11am plus.. :eyebrow:

Algae Scrubbler

haha...bro, will like to but working lar........somemore me talk public one....dont want to eat fried cuttle fish...if not...really become marine fish eating fried cuttle fish....lol...

no worries.. so where should i go for a start ? who should i look for that can give precious advice huh ? reborn is good but they seems pretty busy all the time.. :eyebrow:

Honestly, i face the same problem when i first started. That is why ultimately i bought entire setup from a senior reefer. If you want a simple nano tank setup, jireh, aquamarin, swift singapore pte ltd(pasir ris), etc do sell those setup. Think price is from 488 to 688 for a 1ft nano tank. You may go to OTF, think they are sell the tank itself at ard $200 for 1.5 ft? Then you need to get your coral, sand, rock, fishes, salt, etc and all these, you might be able to get cheap or free from the forum. Hope this help. : )

no worries.. so where should i go for a start ? who should i look for that can give precious advice huh ? reborn is good but they seems pretty busy all the time.. :eyebrow:

Algae Scrubbler

Honestly, i face the same problem when i first started. That is why ultimately i bought entire setup from a senior reefer. If you want a simple nano tank setup, jireh, aquamarin, swift singapore pte ltd(pasir ris), etc do sell those setup. Think price is from 488 to 688 for a 1ft nano tank. You may go to OTF, think they are sell the tank itself at ard $200 for 1.5 ft? Then you need to get your coral, sand, rock, fishes, salt, etc and all these, you might be able to get cheap or free from the forum. Hope this help. : )

ok bro.. maybe i return to jireh after all.. thanks a lot.. you r great !! :eyebrow:

me no great....just trying to share what i have gone through.....though the info might be available in the forum but as a newbie, i think one needs to really speak to someone and gather fast facts. Go to the shop where u feel comfortable in and establish good rapport for future discount...hehehe...all the best and do keep us posted on your new purchase. Will stay in tune for your posting. Thanks.

ok bro.. maybe i return to jireh after all.. thanks a lot.. you r great !! :eyebrow:

Algae Scrubbler

me no great....just trying to share what i have gone through.....though the info might be available in the forum but as a newbie, i think one needs to really speak to someone and gather fast facts. Go to the shop where u feel comfortable in and establish good rapport for future discount...hehehe...all the best and do keep us posted on your new purchase. Will stay in tune for your posting. Thanks.

yeah man,thanks bro.. :bow: