Clam

gfishy

Clown, clown tang, some anemone, goby, cleaner shrimp...

It could be something you didn't notice, see if there are snails (small), crabs or worms around the base or near the mantle at night. Do a couple of spot check with a torch light 2 or 3 hours after lights off, you might see the culprit then. Good Luck.

• SRC Member

Hi Bro

Did you make a base for your clams? Any small creature like carb or worms can kill the clam from behind. That is the weakness point for a Clam. Once the clam started to die, all fishes will have their share of meat. If the clam is healthy, no fish will touch it.

Do you have wrasse? This can also cause a clam dealth. (this happen to me).

How will I know when the clam is dead?

I have a cleaner wrass and another one that is red. But they have been in the tank some time...

What will be the effect if the clam laid on its side?

If a clam is dead, you'll know :) It'll disintergrate and have dark/white/grey stuff inside.

A clam on is side will not have full light requirement as one lip of the the mantle will shade the other. And having it's abyssal expose isn't the best thing for a clam. Put it face up and put it on something solid like a rock. If you have your clam on substrate, push the rock under the substrate then put your into the substrate but on top of the rock.