Turbo snails

spleep

Have lost 2 turbo snails (Died for no reason) Replaced with 2 others but both seem to have stopped feeding / moving around. Single Clown ok, 2 Blue legged Hermits ok, Part water change carried out. (60 litre nano, Jebo skimmer with carbon in body) & 7 ltr of live rock. Green star polyp colony. Feeding frozen brine shrimp sparingly daily plus 1 drop of filter feeder food :thanks: every other day.

No "toxins" detected, though skimmer does not produce more than tea coloured skimmate.

Any ideas?

• SRC Member

CHECK YR SALINATY

1.021 is the best for invertbrates and many other marine life

Have lost 2 turbo snails (Died for no reason) Replaced with 2 others but both seem to have stopped feeding / moving around. Single Clown ok, 2 Blue legged Hermits ok, Part water change carried out. (60 litre nano, Jebo skimmer with carbon in body) & 7 ltr of live rock. Green star polyp colony. Feeding frozen brine shrimp sparingly daily plus 1 drop of filter feeder food :thanks: every other day.

No "toxins" detected, though skimmer does not produce more than tea coloured skimmate.

Any ideas?

• SRC Member

most likely is that u didn't acclimate them properly...many ppl don't know that snails are as sensitive to water changes as shrimps. so if u throw ur snails into ur tank, most likely they wun make it.

have experience of losing afew of them due to poor acclimation in the past.

cheers.

Hi Cutie,

Have lowered to 1.021 - was at 1.024!! Must have accidentally topped up evaporated water with marine instead of fresh! Took out 3 litres and dripped in fresh over a few hours. They are looking a bit better now. :thanks:

• SRC Member
Hi Cutie,

Have lowered to 1.021 - was at 1.024!! Must have accidentally topped up evaporated water with marine instead of fresh! Took out 3 litres and dripped in fresh over a few hours. They are looking a bit better now. :thanks:

ah.. next time b4 topping up always taste the water first.. :rolleyes:

pico pico pico.

Thanks tiffanydunk,

Do you know why my HOB Jebo 178 skimmer is only producing light coloured skimmate? Is it just a rubbish model? If so, what HOB would you recommend, (can't drill tank though I have room for a sump and HOB syphon with pumped return). I see you are setting up an even smaller cube than my 60 ltr so what would you use?