My Tank

foxprime

There is nothing a harlequin shrimp hates more than a chocolate chip starfish. They definitely dislike chocolate chips. Anyway..chocolate chips are not reef safe..Sand shifting stars are a better choice..and they are cheaper too.

Watch the golden trevallys..they grow very fast and they pollute the water alot.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

buttons are opening up well, have two which i just bought yesterday hence too early for it to oppen i suppose:). ek didn't know the travalles would eat up the harlequinns when large. how fast do they grow anyway? what is meant by polluting the water?? all fishes do their poos & pees i guess...

the tank is 4 feet; what about the panther grouper???

buttons are opening up well, have two which i just bought yesterday hence too early for it to oppen i suppose:). ek didn't know the travalles would eat up the harlequinns when large. how fast do they grow anyway? what is meant by polluting the water?? all fishes do their poos & pees i guess...

the tank is 4 feet; what about the panther grouper???

trevally grow fast... They are big fidh and will eat anything small enoguh to fit into thier mouth..... Since they are rather heavy eater, they definately poo alot and especially if you have a school of them..... BTW do you know panther grouper can grow up to abt 75cm, and they grow fast..... Btw once its big enough, you can say bye bye to your chromis and shrimp.

reef friendly fishes? go for dartfish, blennies, tangs...they have stunning colours and are easy to keep. Tangs tend to be agressive, so do choose wisely and you can only put in a couple. (unless you are like me, bo chap...) :lol:

• SRC Member

hey...foxprime...just happened to chance on your thread...

The bubbles... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Hope they doing fine... :)

You seem to have lots of good stuff in your tank...how about those clams that you bought? Didn't see them leh... :(

Yup...DA and Fuel is right...chocolate chips starfish are not good...and I find them ugly too...Linkias are more suitable...try to find six legs type... :P more cost-efficient in the long run and they do not cost much too...I usually get mine from T9* but must call and ask first...they are always sold out fast...

I also have a Tunze and so far it is doing alright for my 4footer. I deflect it off the glass so it is not blowing exactly at the lps...

If you really wan tangs...I suggest you get rid of the trevallies...they are all poo-masters...I have about 5 tangs in my tank and two were introduced together...the yellow and regal...one regal about a month later...mimic lemon peel using the mirror effect because of the yellow tang and finally a vlamingi which was actually injured when I bought it but under TLC, has doubled her size after three months or so... :P

I do have a long-nosed hawkfish but it became food for my Rosie aka rose anemone under the conspiracy of my Tommy aka the tomato clown... :cry2:

I also have a mandarin and if you want a mandarin, dun have blennies or gobies, they vy for the same type of food mostly and also dun introduce pairs or cousins unless they are mated pairs. My Manker has been lonely for a year liao and still looking for a nice big Mandy... :)

Bartlett and Dispar Anthias should be alright but try feeding them w cyclopeeze..they just love it... :)

Furthermore, create holes and caves for them...I enjoy seeing my fish in full display of their antics in swimming and I believe they enjoy the aquascape by observing their swimming style...there are no more aggression through transition of time...but first of all they must be eating well... :)

Most fish have been living harmoniously for the past year or more...

Maybe this will help you decide for compatible fish... :angel:

• SRC Member

Oh yes...forgot to mention my Hemy and Shemy...the red and purple firefish.

They especially love cyclopeeze and also nice to look at...previously got three of them and gave away two to replace w one purple. They were spawning pairs... :P

• SRC Member

I think you are talking about the purple queen anthias...yup...they are difficult...only if you can get them to feed otherwise they will starve themselves to death... :(

get the dispar or lyretail instead of the barletts, they are hardier than purple queens...IMO... :P

But I do know of a senior reefer who manage to keep them well and kicking... :rolleyes: