anyone got chaeto to spare?

crash

• SRC Member

hi... does anyone got some chaeto to spare? mine juz disintegrated n died off after abt 3 wks... wan2 try again to c if i can sustain it... btw.. i kept it in the middle chamber of a nanocube... anyone can provide some advice to prevent the same thing from happenin? thks...

Bro, buy something from Bro Nuclear and get chaeto...hehehe.. joking lar.

Chaeto needs light and good flow to grow. All the best.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

I keep mine in the return chamber of my nano cube and shine a light on it 8hrs a day (sometimes 24hrs when I forgot to off the light :P ).

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Equipment: Sump with chaeto, hydor nano wavemakers, Maxspect 60W LED, return pump Rio 12HF

Livestock: 2xMaroon Clown, Yellow Watchman Goby, Algae Blenny, six-line wrasse, Fire & Skunk Shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs.

Corals: Zoas, Rics, Hammer, Blue & Green Starpolyps.

• SRC Member
I keep mine in the return chamber of my nano cube and shine a light on it 8hrs a day (sometimes 24hrs when I forgot to off the light :P ).

hi.. u kept ur chaeto in the return chamber? actually i intend to do that too but i was afraid it might get sucked into the return pump n spoil it... did u use any net or wat to prevent it from happening?

as for light... ya... i managed to get a better light... but i guess its too later... the chaeto has gotten brittle... so i wan2 try it again with a new bunch... anyone can spare? i juz need a little...

hi.. u kept ur chaeto in the return chamber? actually i intend to do that too but i was afraid it might get sucked into the return pump n spoil it... did u use any net or wat to prevent it from happening?

as for light... ya... i managed to get a better light... but i guess its too later... the chaeto has gotten brittle... so i wan2 try it again with a new bunch... anyone can spare? i juz need a little...

Mine so far so good. Maybe my return pump small (800l/hr), so no strength to suck it down? Seriously, I dun hv anything to prevent it from happening. :P

Btw, mine is a small office nano tank. I dun mind spare a little, but it's really going to be real..ly a little. heehee. If you ok, PM me to arrange lah. location in yishun during office hrs.

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Equipment: Sump with chaeto, hydor nano wavemakers, Maxspect 60W LED, return pump Rio 12HF

Livestock: 2xMaroon Clown, Yellow Watchman Goby, Algae Blenny, six-line wrasse, Fire & Skunk Shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs.

• SRC Member
Mine so far so good. Maybe my return pump small (800l/hr), so no strength to suck it down? Seriously, I dun hv anything to prevent it from happening. :P

Btw, mine is a small office nano tank. I dun mind spare a little, but it's really going to be real..ly a little. heehee. If you ok, PM me to arrange lah. location in yishun during office hrs.

hi law... thks for ur offer... i dun mind gettin a little bit... abt how big is it? a golf ball size? that would be fine... anyway i saw ur thread earlier on... sayin that ur hermit kill the snail... i can spare u a turbo snail if u wan... cos its startin to starve in my tank after doin a wonderful job on the algae problem...my tank is too small to keep 3 turbo... haha... but i cant take the hermit liao cos i got 2 also liao...

hi law... thks for ur offer... i dun mind gettin a little bit... abt how big is it? a golf ball size? that would be fine... anyway i saw ur thread earlier on... sayin that ur hermit kill the snail... i can spare u a turbo snail if u wan... cos its startin to starve in my tank after doin a wonderful job on the algae problem...my tank is too small to keep 3 turbo... haha... but i cant take the hermit liao cos i got 2 also liao...

Thanks for the turbo, crash. heehee..this morning I pull out the chaeto n realised got quite a bunch. So shld be bigger than golf ball size.. :D

My 1.5ft Nano tank