RedSea Berlin Protien Skimmer

Acanthurus pyroferus

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no brainer, get the red sea berlin   

Bro, don't joke joke wait mislead others :P

Wow if $$$ no objection I confirm go for dual beckett :P But then $$$ is a big problem so I stick to my EV-240. What to do, cut down on LS and feeding lor. Best to keep those fish that don't need to feed one lol.

• SRC Member

Bro, don't joke joke wait mislead others :P

Wow if $$$ no objection I confirm go for dual beckett :P But then $$$ is a big problem so I stick to my EV-240. What to do, cut down on LS and feeding lor. Best to keep those fish that don't need to feed one lol.

no joke.....some reefers already got it and happy with the results..... :P low cost and kopi-o all in one..... :lol:

• SRC Member

Getting Kopi-O does not meant the skimmer works well for your tank. It could still be underskimming.

thats where no one here has experienced the RSB..... :lol: Then what you call the "kopi-0" in your HS and EV....Coca-Cola..... :lol:

Like I told bro Roidan....it skimmed my 6 footer cleaned and I can say that it was the best tank I have ever kepted up to date...only wish I had a digi cam back then.

thats where no one here has experienced the RSB.....  Then what you call the "kopi-0" in your HS and EV....Coca-Cola.....

Like I told bro Roidan....it skimmed my 6 footer cleaned and I can say that it was the best tank I have ever kepted up to date...only wish I had a digi cam back then.

I give you an example.

I used a XYZ brand small skimmer for a 6ft tank, yes the skimmer skims out kopi-O. Skims out MUD skims out coca cola, pepsi, sarsi etc. So cna I still say it works very well cos it skims out dark stuff?

How do you know it skims your 6 footer clean? NO3, PO4 = 0 ?

• SRC Member

I give you an example.

I used a XYZ brand small skimmer for a 6ft tank, yes the skimmer skims out kopi-O. Skims out MUD skims out coca cola, pepsi, sarsi etc. So cna I still say it works very well cos it skims out dark stuff?

How do you know it skims your 6 footer clean? NO3, PO4 = 0 ?

what do you think..... :rolleyes: because no one here has used that before and all going for the talk of the town thats the HS and EV.... :blink:

I coud have followed suit and gotten that as well since I have my even larger tank now....but I am a faithful follower of what I know.... ;)

fellow reefers don't go out and buy an RSB...the EV and HS are the in thing now..... :rolleyes:

can lah.. Acanthurus pyroferus's 6ft got sps leh...if never skim well, how can keep sps....then again..i also wonder how colourful those SPS in the 6ft was... :D

but then again...i wonder why our boss AT must still change his single beckett skimmer that can support his wonderful SPS paradise to a coming double beckett....

might as well tell him get the redsea berlin classic can liao....save him electricity costs/space..... :lol:

boss, the solution to your quest for more skimming power is the redsea berlin classic....look no further ;)

what do you think.....  because no one here has used that before and all going for the talk of the town thats the HS and EV.... 

I coud have followed suit and gotten that as well since I have my even larger tank now....but I am a faithful follower of what I know....

fellow reefers don't go out and buy an RSB...the EV and HS are the in thing now.....

So I presume the RSB skimmer has kept your PO4 & NO3 at 0 ppm? Wow in this case I might junk my skimmer, get the RSB and save some money.

I was just joking with Bro Rodian not to anyhow joke say don't need to think just go with RSB. There are so many skimmers out there that works very well. I don't know why now you bring in all the HS,EV ....

aiyo :P

anyway, whether redsea berlin or other brand of skimmers good or not...

go to those US-based websites where they have a much much much larger base of skimmer users than we singaporean reefers combined and you can read the comments about each and every brand.... :lol:

not many complaints about the H&S and deltecs ....other than they are pretty expensive..

precision marine,aquamedic, euroreef, HSA and MRC are pretty good from their opinions also....

aquaC, some complains here and there about fine tuning problems...and customer support problems....but for those who had no problems getting the foam right from the start, thumbs up from them also...

redsea berlin? i leave you guys to do the searching :lol::P:lol:

a few of us may be biased in our opinions on skimmers,including myself...but i am sure the thousands of serious reefers in the states/germany will not go too wrong in their choice of equipment... :lol:

• SRC Member
yeah man..digicam really useful nowadays...suka suka can just snap and load into computer.... :D

anyway, wat happened to the 6ft tank now ah? never transfer all the sps / lps over to the current one?

aiyoh.....very sad leh....when think of the 6feet..... :cry2:

that time have to work overseas and sold all my stuff to a potential buyer who bought everything..... :cry2:

regret...regret....regret.... :(

that time also never think of taking photo liao :(

• SRC Member
anyway, whether redsea berlin or other brand of skimmers good or not...

go to those US-based websites where they have a much much much larger base of skimmer users than we singaporean reefers combined and you can read the comments about each and every brand.... :lol:

not many complaints about the H&S and deltecs ....other than they are pretty expensive..

precision marine,aquamedic, HSA and MRC are pretty good from their opinions also....

aquaC, some complains here and there about fine tuning problems...and customer support problems....but for those who had no problems with getting the foam, thumbs up from them also...

redsea berlin? i leave you guys to do the searching  :lol:  :P  :lol:

a few of us may be biased in our opinions on skimmers,including myself...but i am sure the thousands of serious reefers in the states/germany will not go too wrong in their choice of equipment...  :lol:

aiyah....you want to say RSB lousy....say lousy lah.....no need to go and say "visit U.S.....Germany..... website leh....make story so long..long one.... :(

This Singapore not U.S. or Germany..... :lol: I am not saying everyone should get an RSB and not otherwise as it's just my experience in the product..... ;) If you're happy with your HS so be it...and if you're happy with your EV then tumbs up to you and if you think that the double beckett is the ultimate then chip-chip hooray..... :lol:

actually those who are new to this hobby may just take the easier way out and match other reefer's skimmers to same reefer's tank pictures in here...and get an idea of skimmer to tank condition performance

eg..

they see AT's wonderful SPS paradise and they read that AT is using a single beckett 4ft high skimmer modelled after aerofoamer

they see morgan's 8ft mega tank and they read that morgan is using a big Precision Marine skimmer...

it's a pity that you did not take pics of your 6ft sps tank in full splendour when it was running on the redsea berlin classic....coz if they can match the picture of your tank to your skimmer...i am sure they will be sold to your opinion that indeed redsea berlin can support a 6ft sps/lps/fish system in great condition....

but dun worry....since now you are also using the same skimmer on your current system, very soon, they can also see the nice coloured sps growing in full glory and will be sold on the redsea berlin too :D

peace... :peace::lol:

• SRC Member
actually those who are new to this hobby may just take the easier way out and match other reefer's skimmers to same reefer's tank pictures in here...and get an idea of skimmer to tank condition performance

eg..

they see AT's wonderful SPS paradise and they read that AT is using a single beckett 4ft high skimmer modelled after aerofoamer

they see morgan's 8ft mega tank and they read that morgan is using a big Precision Marine skimmer...

it's a pity that you did not take pics of your 6ft sps tank in full splendour when it was running on the redsea berlin classic....coz if they can match the picture of your tank to your skimmer...i am sure they will be sold to your opinion that indeed redsea berlin can support a 6ft sps/lps/fish system in great condition....

but dun worry....since now you are also using the same skimmer on your current system, very soon, they can also see the nice coloured sps growing in full glory and will be sold on the redsea berlin too :D

yes I am waiting for my tank to fully mature by the end of this year before stocking on SPS and then I can finally match the photo to what I have been saying so for now reefers don't buy the RSB until you've seen my tank in full bloom...... ;)

yes I am waiting for my tank to fully mature by the end of this year before stocking on SPS and then I can finally match the photo to what I have been saying so for now reefers don't buy the RSB until you've seen my tank in full bloom...... ;)

actually...if all reefers can show such good patience like you...

they can probably do without a skimmer even if they stock slowly and have as little fishes as possible...

it has been done before...skimmerless....but the bottomline is patience and discipline....

actually if a reefer gives himself 1 full year like you to mature a tank for sps and stock lightly and slowly, any skimmer or even skimmerless can be possible...

i remember bro seahorse having a nice sps reef with just a weipro skimmer....but wat we do not know is his pace of stocking and discipline...

most reefers here can't wait for one full year or more for a tank to mature before going into sps...

but then again, food for thought, if you had gone for another skimmer other than the redsea currently, could you have reduced the waiting phase of about a year before stocking your sps?

in other words, maybe if u tried another skimmer, probably u could start stocking very soon and not wait till end of the year? :D