Hawaii Black Tang

silverfish

Hi Guys, :lol:

I was browsing at a LFS at pasir ris farmway when I chance upon a fish, about 2inch that was describe as a hawaii black tang.. going for $200..?!? Is it really that expensive? Just curious..

thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I was browsing at a LFS at pasir ris farmway when I chance upon a fish, about 2inch that was describe as a hawaii black tang.. going for $200..?!? Is it really that expensive? Just curious..

thanks

yes , I bought one a few years ago from SL same price as you described because it's kind of rare :o it's the dark version of yellow tang :lol: Is this what it looks like?

post-7-1069836033.jpg

thanks

ML one gone...another sighting!!! :lol::lol::lol:

but still prefer to get from Henry leh...safer...

I bought one purple from P.Ris Farm a few weeks back....kana ich outbreak, killed 2 hardy fishes in my q tank....took me a month to cure it back :angry:

• SRC Member

ML one gone...another sighting!!! :lol::lol::lol:

but still prefer to get from Henry leh...safer...

I bought one purple from P.Ris Farm a few weeks back....kana ich outbreak, killed 2 hardy fishes in my q tank....took me a month to cure it back :angry:

u'l hv to be fast next time otherwise it'll be all snapped up quickly.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/nov2002/Fish.htm

"The coloration of scopas tangs is highly variable. It incorporates shades of gray, brown, yellow and white. Some specimens can be solid yellow, while others solid black! The black variants are sometimes sold as Z. rostratum, the black tang. The genuine black tang is a more expensive fish with limited distribution. It differs from the scopas in having a longer snout and a greenish tinge that runs along the base of the dorsal fin. There are reports of interspecific hybridization, which may explain the appearance of black scopas tangs."

Just wanna make sure you guys buy a true black tang and not a pure black scopas tang :)

post-7-1069898072.jpg

• SRC Member

i have seen the real mcCoy in CF a 2-3 yrs back but it was bound for Underwater World.... it has the luminous bluish tinge across its back.. definitely caught my eye.. but at $250... <_<

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.