1 pump for water circulation and I~Ref

weileong

Currently using the canister filter and will be removing it gradually as my refrugium is ready.

Currenty main water circulation is done with the canister output into a rain bar, can see the corals waving gently in the water. Secondary circulation done with a SICCA NOVO tune to the lowest 25% output.

Had installed a I~Ref and using a Wei Pro 500 pump which is rated for 600l/h. However the water flow seems like super slow like that.

Once I removed the canister I will need a pump to take over the circulation. I end up with 3 pumps in the tank which is kind of messy.

Thought of getting one more high flow external pump like the ehiem 1250 or 1060 (which is rated for 1200l/h and 2280l/h respectively) for to replace the 3 pumps . Then by using T-joint and ball valve to control the flow into the I~ref and for water cirulation. As the pump is external it will help to reduce a bit on the heat too.

The problem I can think off if the pump breaks down then totally no water circulation in the tank.

Please give your opinion.