Tank conversion

Nautical

• SRC Member

First, I may get flamed for killing a good hobby, but I am still sticking to an aqua hobby. Others may criticize me for attempting to use this forum. Anyhow ....

Going by my calculation, the current chiller (second set) may fail in the not too long future. Do not intend to invest in another chiller. Therefore thinking of converting my 3 feet marine main tank (with a sump tank below) to a fresh water tank.

Any advice on how to do the conversion , tips and traps, comments and suggestions are welcome.

:thanks:

converting a marine setup to freshwater setup is way easy. If you intend to keep a water plant tank, then u will need a chiller, otherwise, you don't need chiller. You can remove protein skimmer as freshwater doesn't need skimmer. Water of course changed to freshwater. There is no need for live rocks anymore and the bed sand must be changed as the present one would be too dirty. Maybe you can let me know wat fishes you intend to keep for freshwater and I can advise you more. :)